Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
Is anybody having problems with the most recent ultra base station firmware?

I noticed my cameras which were connected to the ultra base station didn’t have any recording and kept going offline for some reason. I narrowed it down to only happening since the dec 2nd firmware update, and after some testing I realized that the base station will go online but goes offline as soon as any camera is triggered to record.

This is completely the opposite I would like a security camera to work. Why would I want a camera to go offline as soon as it’s triggered. Then no recording is saved afterwards?

I have been having geofence issues which I have relied on for over a year since iOS 13 and I am told it is being worked on and should be fixed in the next app update. Now, they have another “update” which is another step backwards.

Anybody else having this issue with the ultra? My arlo pro base is still working as expected, minus the geofence issue...
178 REPLIES 178
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

What can I say, the one issue I wasn't having after 12/2 like some is the zoomed pic but after today's update, I do.  Things are fine live and in recordings but in video settings the pic is an extra large top center section of the pic. Makes adjusting harder, you can change settings like super wide to wide and see the change but it's still just a zoomed image of the top center.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

After a couple reboots mine appear to be be working without the zoomed issue now so hoping that holds and on a bright note went the day without missing sections of video since the 12/2 update.

53Crusher
Apprentice
Apprentice

Appears that there was a camera firmware update last night 1.070.50.2_205_0c7c8e1 which has hopefully resolved my problems. Fingers crossed! 1/4 view is fixed and I was able to set up activity zones. Network signal on three cameras was unusually low, but will keep an eye on that. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The major issues being discussed in this thread have been resolved with the most recent Ultra Camera and SmartHub firmware updates. Please check here to make sure your systems automatically updated to the latest versions:

Arlo Ultra VMC5040 - 1.070.50.2_205_0c7c8e1 - 19th December 2019

Arlo SmartHub VMB5000 - 1.15.0.4_297_aa40f04 - 18th December 2019

If you're having a different issue, please open a new thread here in the community, reach out to me in a private message directly or contact support to further investigate: Arlo Support Team

A big thanks to the community for helping our engineering team troubleshoot these issues and thank you for your patience while we worked to release these updates.

JamesC