Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
Is anybody having problems with the most recent ultra base station firmware?

I noticed my cameras which were connected to the ultra base station didn’t have any recording and kept going offline for some reason. I narrowed it down to only happening since the dec 2nd firmware update, and after some testing I realized that the base station will go online but goes offline as soon as any camera is triggered to record.

This is completely the opposite I would like a security camera to work. Why would I want a camera to go offline as soon as it’s triggered. Then no recording is saved afterwards?

I have been having geofence issues which I have relied on for over a year since iOS 13 and I am told it is being worked on and should be fixed in the next app update. Now, they have another “update” which is another step backwards.

Anybody else having this issue with the ultra? My arlo pro base is still working as expected, minus the geofence issue...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The major issues being discussed in this thread have been resolved with the most recent Ultra Camera and SmartHub firmware updates. Please check here to make sure your systems automatically updated to the latest versions:

Arlo Ultra VMC5040 - 1.070.50.2_205_0c7c8e1 - 19th December 2019

Arlo SmartHub VMB5000 - 1.15.0.4_297_aa40f04 - 18th December 2019

If you're having a different issue, please open a new thread here in the community, reach out to me in a private message directly or contact support to further investigate: Arlo Support Team

A big thanks to the community for helping our engineering team troubleshoot these issues and thank you for your patience while we worked to release these updates.

JamesC

View solution in original post

178 REPLIES 178
Omengramirez
Initiate
Initiate
The same is happening to my base station. After the latest firmware update the base station is frequently offline. My base station never goes offline prior to yhe firmware update....
surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary
I have this problem 2, 4 ultras and door bell with chime fail to work now!

I can live view buts thats all I can do, all motion and recording fails, although the ultra lights will come on, linked devices ie Arlo light dont come on either, total system failure.

My door bell still flashes on motion but nothing else!

I noticed the new base firmware and also my cameras got one on the 3rd as well.
ilco13
Guide
Guide

Same problem here with new fimrware .15

Base station keep rebooting. Please correct that as soon as possible Arlo!

Br11183
Guide
Guide
I am having a different issue, but what seems possibly related...

I have ten cameras that I installed in August and have been running great. I realize today that I have one of my two base stations offline, which I find weird. I restart it, verify the ethernet port, plug it into a different port on my router, etc. When I restart it, it will briefly seem like it is working; new videos from throughout the previous offline time start go update to my app and the website, etc. Then as suddenly as it works, it goes offline again.

I have five cameras and a base station offline for a reason I cannot figure out.
ilco13
Guide
Guide
I've just desactivates the motion detection on all Arlo cameras ans the base station does not reboot any more.

This is not an acceptable solution as there is no alert/recordings but at least this is a workaround to be able to check live what happens on camera.
Hemanta
Star
Star
My smart hub is all right, maybe, But one of my ultra camera don't record motion, and if no motion record no push notification. I turn off and on my camera. I restarted my smart hub but still same. No motion record no push. I see live when I click to view but no motion record. After restarting hub it still blue. Look like is hub is ok. It's been from yesterday. I had lots lots of motion record and notification from out of acitvity zone before and now no motion record no nothing.
surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary
I've had my hub lose its light totally, twice! But for now its blue and stable, but system still down, not happy with all the money I've spent on my system
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

What are you seeing that is indicating the SmartHub is going offline? What is it's LED behavior at the time you're experiencing the issue?

JamesC

surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary
I've had no system working now for over 24hrs since you updated the smart hub, no recordings no working door bell no working arlo lights
ilco13
Guide
Guide

hello,

When a motion is detected on one of the cameras, first the LED turns off and then after few minutes it is fixed orange.

I need to unplug the base station, wait few minutes then turn off motion detection and then the LED stays blue as it should !

best regards

surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary

Screenshot_20191204-190530_Arlo.jpg

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

surfer1000,

Are you able to remove and reapply power to your SmartHub? Do you still see the same behavior after a reboot?

JamesC

surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary
Yes base keeps going from solid blue to flashing orange every few mins or so
surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary

Is there any way to roll back the firmware?

surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary

No light on at all at base station for last 10mins

surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary

Back to solid orange

ilco13
Guide
Guide

Hello,

So after more than 24h of Arlo system failure, I think I found a solution.

First unplug your base station. Wait 2 minutes after it is unplugged.

Avoid any motion in front of you cameras!

Then plug it back wait until it flashes orange / is solid blue, go quickly to your iOS/Android app and disable all recording (sound and motion detection).

You should be able to watch live what happens on your camera. For me it first asked to update camera firmware : I did it one after another progressively.

Then wait a little bit (I waited all day long... might be too much). 

Finaly re-switch motion/sound detection in your application via the mode menu.

And... it seems to work at my home !!! At least for the last three hours, fix blue LED on base station, motion record working etc....

Nathan-aus
Apprentice
Apprentice

My system is no longer recording anything. But I keep getting alerts - for EVERYTHING. My activity zones are no longer working. @JamesC when will a fix be deployed? This is extremely annoying. 

53Crusher
Apprentice
Apprentice

I tried again, to associate a camera to my non-video doorbell and remote chime. For the first time in a long time, all three appear to be working like they used to. Now, my system doesn't send any notification on movement by cameras or record video even though it is in armed status. Base station is going offline frequently. Great........

bradgillespie
Tutor
Tutor

Having the same thing.

My ultra camera is set to trigger my Arlo Light upon sensing motion. This worked until the latest firmware update. After the update the camera would trigger on motion (the camera light comes on), but the Arlo Light didn't get triggered, video wasn't recorded, phone notifications weren't received, and my base station shows as offline (the app reports it as offline). The basestation comes back online in 5 minutes or so.

When I removed the spotlight being triggered on motion from the camera, the system returned to normal. (recording worked, push notifications worked, and base station stayed online)

So in my case, it was due to using an Ultra Camera to trigger an Arlo Light.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

I am really starting to hate my Arlo system and it doesn't have to do with the equipment except the wi-fi probably should have had antennas.  Since the last firmware everything is slower.  Notifications are coming through but take longer to get there, going live takes longer to get there, making changes like going from super wide to wide takes forever.  Every time I adjust to a new firmware they screw it up again.  I go out and buy another camera because things were working fairly well and the very same day they change firmware and here we go again.

Nathan-aus
Apprentice
Apprentice

My live view has now stopped working. So now my system is no longer recording things, my activity zones don't work, chime is not working and no live view. My cameras are effectively useless now. This needs to be urgently fixed. 

Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
Totally agree, this system is completely useless now. This last firmware was a huge fail.

Add to the list the geofencing not working properly with iOS 13. I was told by support they are aware of the geofence issue and a fix “should” be included with the next app update.... whenever that is....
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Given the number of issues you're experiencing, I recommend that you contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC