Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 44 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation
Chrisk2
Apprentice
Apprentice

After the update 1.070.50.0_197_09137a0 my base station would go offline once motion recording from 1 of my 4 cameras.  I rebooted the base, removed device, pulled battery and the added to system again.  Now when I try to setup the motion zones the picture is 1/4 of the view, I only see the top left of the camera view to set the motion area.  The camera shows and records the entire view. 

Any software patch coming out to fix the motion window image not showing the entire picture?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The major issues being discussed in this thread have been resolved with the most recent Ultra Camera and SmartHub firmware updates. Please check here to make sure your systems automatically updated to the latest versions:

Arlo Ultra VMC5040 - 1.070.50.2_205_0c7c8e1 - 19th December 2019

Arlo SmartHub VMB5000 - 1.15.0.4_297_aa40f04 - 18th December 2019

If you're having a different issue, please open a new thread here in the community, reach out to me in a private message directly or contact support to further investigate: Arlo Support Team

A big thanks to the community for helping our engineering team troubleshoot these issues and thank you for your patience while we worked to release these updates.

JamesC

View solution in original post

44 REPLIES 44
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Chrisk2,

Try clicking the "Snapshot" icon within Settings > My Devices > select your Ultra camera > Video Settings. Does this reset the snapshot?

JamesC

Chrisk2
Apprentice
Apprentice

I don’t have a snapshot icon on the ultra video settings page.

Chrisk2
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is the view of live window 

robot-monster
Star
Star
Having the same issue. I think maybe this is why my video clip lengths seem random. The wind hitting the tops of trees and tall bushes that are normally outside of the activity zone may be setting off the motion detection. I have tried to adjust the zoom level in the snapshot box but it won't zoom out. Camera is recording the full view.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Chrisk2,

Try logging in to the web client using a PC at my.arlo.com. You should see the snapshot icon there within settings for the camera.

JamesC

sth93
Aspirant
Aspirant
Save issue with the app here:
snapshot entire picture, activity zone 1/4 of pic, same issue for arlo q
Chrisk2
Apprentice
Apprentice

Going to the website and clicking snapshot returns the same picture, top right corner.

of course it it took 3rd time for arlo two factor auth to work.

this worked before the last firmware update.  This update totally messed up this camera.

harlequinman
Tutor
Tutor
Hi was onto the helpdesk this morning about this 1/4 view thing for activity zones. I was asked to remove the camera from the Arlo smart list, delete it from the hub, take out the battery for 1 minute. Add it back to the hub, add it back to the Arlo smart list then try again and to be fair this has worked.
Chrisk2
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks @harlequinman I can’t see a remove from smart lost in the iPhone ap. Did they have you remove from smart list (notifications) from the web?
harlequinman
Tutor
Tutor
Open app, go to settings, go to smart notifications, click edit, drag the ‘naughty’ camera down to inactive cameras. Then delete it from the hub.... remove battery for 1 minute, pair it back with hub, then add it back to smart notifications (if it’s not already there by default). Now try activity zones again......
Chrisk2
Apprentice
Apprentice

Now I am on the wait to talk to support.

i moved the camera to no smart notifications.

pulled the battery

deleted the camera from base

rebooted the base

then went to add back and it won’t pair automatically or manually.

so I moved from 3,2,1 back to 2 and now representative will be with you shortly for half a hour 😉

harlequinman
Tutor
Tutor

I used the online chat, response seems to be quicker, however if you don't interact for 5 mins then chat closes which is a pain if you are asked to go off and test something... so make sure you keep typing something inside every 5 mins! 

Chrisk2
Apprentice
Apprentice

On with support, I had to reset the base station, put all the cameras back and the activity zone for 1 camera is still broken.  This works on all the other ones.

robot-monster
Star
Star
Unplugging the one camera impacted by the firmware seemed to get it working somewhat. No more 5 min war and peace length video clips of randomness. But also no CVR, which hasn't been working for days anyway. Will probably keep it this way overnight since the camera detects almost nothing at night for the past few nights.

Thanks for all the tips everyone from support. I have two cases open but will call or chat online shortly. Just haven't had the time!
harlequinman
Tutor
Tutor
Guess wot ... the top left hand quadrant quarter screen problem has returned! It appears you cannot use activity zoning in “full” 120 degree video mode. Activity zoning clearly only works in the Super wide 180 degree setting. Not tried the wide 155 degree setting. So now I will have to remove camera all over again to reset it. I will try the other x2 cameras at some point to see if the same issue occurs.
Whops
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same problem here,    After talking to support last night due to other problems with Motion detection since the Bad Firmware was uploaded and He had me remove the base Station and then reinstall it and then of course had to re install the cameras.   Now the same issue,  when you click on activity zone to set a zone the view shrinks and actually shows the portion of the view you do not want to detect,  and lower portion goes out of view.    So with out a zone set,  damn thing records every car going down the street.   If I try to set a zone,  records nothing.

Now how do you delete a zone you have created?

@Chrisk2 wrote:

After the update 1.070.50.0_197_09137a0 my base station would go offline once motion recording from 1 of my 4 cameras.  I rebooted the base, removed device, pulled battery and the added to system again.  Now when I try to setup the motion zones the picture is 1/4 of the view, I only see the top left of the camera view to set the motion area.  The camera shows and records the entire view. 

Any software patch coming out to fix the motion window image not showing the entire picture?

Whops
Apprentice
Apprentice

MIne is set on super wide,   still only partial view

@harlequinman wrote:
Guess wot ... the top left hand quadrant quarter screen problem has returned! It appears you cannot use activity zoning in “full” 120 degree video mode. Activity zoning clearly only works in the Super wide 180 degree setting. Not tried the wide 155 degree setting. So now I will have to remove camera all over again to reset it. I will try the other x2 cameras at some point to see if the same issue occurs.

harlequinman
Tutor
Tutor
Yes but if you perform the removal and re-adding both to Smart notifications and the hub and leave it on Super Wide it seems to be ok. It seems to be only if you switch to full 120 degrees then go into activity zones it doesn’t like it and thereafter for any of the x3 possible video modes you then get only a quarter of the picture.
notafanaorultra
Aspirant
Aspirant

I so regret buying Arlo cameras.   These things are terrible.  I can't believe how "okay" you are with everything you have to do.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is investigating reports of this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information.

JamesC

Whops
Apprentice
Apprentice

That is what you said 5 days ago,   Certainly causes a person to loose confidence in the quality or expertise of Arlo's development team.   I can see that Arlo will be loosing business (Market Share)  Their competitors will be using these issues of  poor support,  low knowledge of the system by tech support.   And no willingness to rollback to previous firmware that was working while they worked out the issues with this one. Even Microsoft when they rollout updates or patches if they send one out that does not work properly it can be rolled back.   What is wrong with a technology company that cannot do that?   Cameras are 90% of their business,  so I would guess they better get it right or they will be selling out to Amazon (Ring) or Google.  (Nest)
@JamesC wrote:

The development team is investigating reports of this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information.

JamesC

dennmoore
Tutor
Tutor

I have exact same problem with 2 brand new ultra cameras.  Spent 2 hours with support disconnecting and reconnecting cameras and hub and playing with settings without a solution.  Tried a third new camera and same problem.  See 1/4 of screen in video settings and activity zone setting which means I cannot set activity zones.  Would like them to work however if not resolved soon this system will be going back - have a small window to return.

srandall25
Apprentice
Apprentice
I’m having this same issue as well as the base station going offline constantly. So frustrating. Has been an issue since the Dec 2nd firmware update. No option to roll back.
Tech-D
Luminary
Luminary

I'm seeing the same issue, I have performed the same steps someone mentioned above.  If you REMOVE DEVICE and re-add it I can set my Activity Zones but as soon as I turn on "Local 4k Live Streaming" the full video snaps to the top right corner and I don't see the whole video area.

I have removed the camera again and only changed the "Local 4k Live Streaming" option on and the issue comes back. 

Hope this helps Arlo come up with a permanent solution.

Discussion stats
  • 44 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation