Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
JohnPL1
Follower
Follower

Hello,

As I noticed the adapter for Ultra Hub does not support higher then 120. I have read on forum for some

it does work. Seems like its not a big deal getting a Euro Adapter thats 12V-1.5A output but which barrel connector is it ? M-type or C-type ? 

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't know what M or C type is in the US, but its a coaxial plug...

I've used 5.5mm x 2.1mm coaxial plugs and they work for my external powering ( you also may get away with a 5mm dia )

*** center positive***

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JohnPL1 wrote:

M-type or C-type ? 

Are you talking about the mains connection here?

If so, the US adapter isn't grounded, so type C will be fine.  But it should work just as well with Type M, as long as the DC output voltage, current, and polarity are correct.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@JohnPL1 wrote:

Hello,

As I noticed the adapter for Ultra Hub does not support higher then 120. I have read on forum for some

it does work. Seems like its not a big deal getting a Euro Adapter thats 12V-1.5A output but which barrel connector is it ? M-type or C-type ? 

If you are talking ab out the mains adapters that come with Arlo kit, it says 120 volts but works happily at 240 volts. I have several on the go at the moment.

I have tried half a dozen different adapters for cameras, hubs and what have you. Have yet to experience a flash bang wallop.

As to replacements, just look for the right volts, +/- polarity, amps and tip size.

Cameras, of course, can run with most USB power supplies so long as they deliver enough juice.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation