Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
ESentz
Guide
Guide
Hello all,
I am runnig into issues with my Arlo Ultra. Like others have mentioned, my set up misses motion or sees motion and does not record to the library, especially at night. Now, I have a new issue on top of that. Over the past few days, I will recieve a notification of motion. I will then check the library of the camera the motion occured on and no recording is showing. Then, about 5 or 10 minutes later, the recording shows up. Previously, when Arlo did record, the library video would show quickly. Any ideas of what could cause this. My app is up to date and I have tried signing in and out of the app with no luck. It occurs on all cameras that pick up any motion. Any help would be great!
51 REPLIES 51
Zachattack
Star
Star
I have the same issue with delayed clips. Seems like the clips display in the library at least 5 minutes after the notification. My recording and notifications seem to be working OK. But the delay to the library is puzzling.
jsturess
Luminary
Luminary

Do you both use 4K cloud savings?

Zachattack
Star
Star
I am, maybe that’s what is going on
ESentz
Guide
Guide
I am also using 4k recordings. Never had any issues until lately though.
Deebo408
Tutor
Tutor
I’m having the same issue. The library recording shows up after 5 Minutes or so. Any updates on the issue?
ESentz
Guide
Guide
I still have the issue and it seems others do also. I have tried to reconnect all cameras to the base, tske away activity zones, etc with no luck.
Xquzme
Tutor
Tutor

I am also having this issue.  I am not getting any notification in the New Arlo App and it show motion especially at night but does not record.  I have rebooted the base station hub , removed my activity zones.  Would nice to know what is going on.  I suspect after their App update they have some new bugs.  Any idea of a fix or update?

Zachattack
Star
Star
The 5 minute delay seems irrelevant to 4K or HD, since my ultras in Hd that get triggered take just as long.

Maybe it has to do with ‘smart notifications’ as this goes through a server for analysis after recording.
ESentz
Guide
Guide
I can say previuosly on the legacy app before switching to the new app, I never had a problem getting my 4k or hd recordings quickly. Definitely muxh faster then now. Also, the motion detected with no cloud recording was also not an issue. It could be app related.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is investigating reports of this issue. I will provide an update when I have more information.

JamesC

ESentz
Guide
Guide
Thanks for the information James. Hope they find the solution to the issue.
jsturess
Luminary
Luminary

I have ultra and arlo pro 2 on ultra bases, and there is no problem with pro 2 cameras, they are updated  immediately but for ultra cameras it takes loooooong time

MTP60
Guide
Guide
Same issue on my system and also on Pro2 system that is running along with the ultra.
jsturess
Luminary
Luminary
Have you same problem when you use live view and end it? My pro2 update directly but not my Ultra
ESentz
Guide
Guide
My live view, at times, is very slow to connect and sometimes will connect, play a live view that is very delayed and then stop and go back to trying to connect again. Though it doesnt happen often, it is an annoyance.
GraemeMitchell
Apprentice
Apprentice

On average what is the length of time between the camera sending the Motion Alert and it showing up to view in the Library, mine is approx 5-10 minutes

ESentz
Guide
Guide
Currently, the time to show up in the library is 5-10 minutes, but occasionally can be longer. Previuosly, depending upon recording length, would be under a minute or so.
GraemeMitchell
Apprentice
Apprentice
I would love to know what changed and has caused the delay as well as why it just hasn’t been rolled back to when it was a few minutes
ESentz
Guide
Guide
I would like to know also. When I first got the system, all was good. Now I seem to have one issue after another that was not a problem before. Hopefully they figure it all out, as when it was all working together, it was a great system.
stewgotz
Aspirant
Aspirant

WTF ARLO! This was reported back on 10/15 and still not fixed???

What good is this system??

Let's say someone is trying to break into my house. Oh Great, I get an alert that someone is in my yard or at my front door but then  I have to wait 5 - 10 minutes to see what happened? Totally unacceptable!

People working at Arlo need to get their **bleep** together and fix these issues NOW (not 4 weeks after its been reported) and at the same time start issuing refunds for a system that is not worth half what we have paid for it!!!!!!!!!!

GraemeMitchell
Apprentice
Apprentice

I firmly believe that no-one from Arlo reads these, its just somewhere we can vent

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is actively investigating these reports of delayed library recordings. As soon as I have more information, I will provide an update here.

Thank you for your patience.

JamesC

Deebo408
Tutor
Tutor
I have 3 Arlo Pro cameras and 2 Ultra cameras. The regular Arlo Pro cameras detect motion and update the recording within 10 seconds. The 2 Ultra cameras take from 5 to 30 minutes to actually update the video clip. This is ridiculous...
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Today. I got 2 push notifications a vehicle was in my driveway. There is nothing in the library for me to watch I know it was my wife but no recording. In the backyard an animal was detected came through on the library 35 minutes later