Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cloud recording showing up late

Discussion stats
ESentz
Guide
Guide
Hello all,
I am runnig into issues with my Arlo Ultra. Like others have mentioned, my set up misses motion or sees motion and does not record to the library, especially at night. Now, I have a new issue on top of that. Over the past few days, I will recieve a notification of motion. I will then check the library of the camera the motion occured on and no recording is showing. Then, about 5 or 10 minutes later, the recording shows up. Previously, when Arlo did record, the library video would show quickly. Any ideas of what could cause this. My app is up to date and I have tried signing in and out of the app with no luck. It occurs on all cameras that pick up any motion. Any help would be great!
51 REPLIES 51
Russ3ll
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not sure if its just a fluke but mine is showing up quickly now. Also I just turned off my Activity zones so its possible that was causing the issue

Deebo408
Tutor
Tutor
I just took off my activity zones for the two ultra cameras and they now update the video recording within 10 seconds too! So for some reason, the activity zone is the culprit.
VCG
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks for the update. I just tried turning off/no Security zones and it works great now.
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
How do I delete activity Zone
VCG
Apprentice
Apprentice
If you have an activity zone set up, swipe it to the left.
GraemeMitchell
Apprentice
Apprentice
They released a new app and it said they did some fixes on the back end, I wonder if this was addressed?
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Thanks I tried it's not working on my Android phone
VCG
Apprentice
Apprentice
Sorry, that's the way it works on my android.
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Not your fault I appreciate your help
Russ3ll
Aspirant
Aspirant

If not by swiping left on the Zone tab under the display, try pressing and holding. I'm on IOS so swiping left is how I delete the tabs of zones I have created.

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Thank you I got it to work
Russ3ll
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just wanted to make sure you knew that by de-activating activity zones it solves the problem. So the culprit maybe lies within that area. Just thinking you could pass along the info. Thanks

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Without zones to many false alerts
ESentz
Guide
Guide
Well, the issue still persists. I do not think I should have to turn off something that is considered a feature of the system to make it work properly. Without activity zones on, I get constant notifications. I use the zones to remedy that and show me what I need. Looking forward to a fix for this as well as other issues that still persist.
Russ3ll
Aspirant
Aspirant

goes without saying

Dan-M
Guide
Guide
Has anyone received an update on this? I’ve been experiencing this behavior of immediate notification but delayed upload to the library for three weeks now. It is definitely related to Smart Notifications for me. If I turn them off, the upload to the library happens immediately. Unfortunately, the Arlo customer support team has not been very helpful. They have repeated the same questions on my case after I already answered them and at one point said they were going to close my case due to inactivity until I reminded them that I was waiting on them for an update.
Russ3ll
Aspirant
Aspirant
I haven’t but I haven’t submitted a case. I disabled the zones but I wasn’t using them anyway so it wasn’t a huge inconvenience. I do have smart stuff enabled as my system tells me if it’s animal/person. And I have immediate library update so seemed to be bc of zones. I will set everything back up this weekend and test. If still having issues I’ll submit a report as well to help get the ball rolling. As everyone should.
Xquzme
Tutor
Tutor

It would be nice to get some kind of update as to what is happening. I would like to see if they are working on updates to the zones that we are paying a premium for that aren't available. I am getting inudated with alerts as I am unable to create zones on my property.  I have an animal that is outside all day and am now constantly getting alerts all day long. 

ESentz
Guide
Guide
No update here either. I still keep my zones and smart notifications on though. Not going to turn off a paid feature to get a system to work properly. A fix is needed for this as well as other broken items that have been talked about for months. Starting to think I wasted my money and need to spend more on another system that works consistently to do its primary job of being a video security / surveillance system.
Jramadan
Star
Star
Also having this issue. I do not have 4k cloud for those wondering
stewgotz
Aspirant
Aspirant

What's the update on this? It's been close to a month since this was first reported and still no fix from Arlo on this??????

This is a major issue and this system is completely useless right now!

surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary
Still happening
ESentz
Guide
Guide
Still no change in behavior for mine. Very late recordings amongst other issues that still persist.
Jramadan
Star
Star
This is the worst camera system I’ve experienced!! Riddled with many problems!! I feel very ripped off! May try to pawn these off on eBay and cut my losses. Disappointed arlo. Lots of hype and not sure how these got good reviews. Arlo should ditch the cloud and focus on local storage. Why would anyone want to pay For their service?
GraemeMitchell
Apprentice
Apprentice

I guess i am disappointed with communication from Arlo.  This is quite a big issue for some people, one would think they would be posting updates on each of the know issues.  I would also hope that after they get the issue fixed they would offer a free year of Arlo Smart Premier as a good will gesture for the issues they created