Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
sdkellner
Aspirant
Aspirant

My issue is very similar to this thread https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Ultra/Canceled-CVR-plan-and-lost-free-Premier-subscription/m-p/17... which is now closed so I cannot add to it.

I bought an Ultra to add to my existing system in October 2019 and it came with one year of Smart Premier.  I initially subscribed to a CVR plan for this camera but due to issues with it, and particularly activity zone problems, I cancelled this CVR plan in December.  I then noticed that it was not possible to resubscribe to a CVR plan on any camera, and that others were experiencing the same problem, so I assumed that Arlo were working on improvements in the background.  When I checked back earlier this week I saw that the CVR plans were now available and so I reactivated a CVR plan on my Ultra.  Big mistake.

Two things happened.  Firstly, my Smart Premier plan was immediately cancelled - by Arlo, automatically not by anything I did - and all my previous recordings disappeared.  Secondly, the app told me that a CVR plan was incompatible with my mains-powered Ultra.  I contacted support and was told to cancel my CVR plan and they would reinstate my Smart Premier plan, but that this had to be done by customer services and I would receive an update email yesterday, and another today.  Neither have arrived.

Yesterday I received my 7th Arlo camera, but I am unable to add it to my system because to do so requires a Smart subscription.  I am not confident, from reading what others have been through with the same issue, that Arlo will fix this without the intervention of James.  So James, if you're there, please help!  I really don't understand why this is so hard - Arlo broke it, Arlo should fix it; they know I had Smart Premier before, and I've sent them the original activation email so they can see proof from my side.  Right now I have an effectively useless system with no cloud recording and a brand new camera that I cannot add.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sdkellner,

I've reviewed and escalated your open support case on this issue. An agent will reach out to you with an update as soon as possible.

JamesC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sdkellner,

I've reviewed and escalated your open support case on this issue. An agent will reach out to you with an update as soon as possible.

JamesC

sdkellner
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you James.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation