Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No support for Ultra/Samsung smart things app

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
F-DUB
Tutor
Tutor
Hello. New to the Arlo community and new to integrated smart home technologies. I find this incredibly useful and convenient and the start of the real future here, today.
I am a new home owner and new user of Samsung's smartThings app. One of the reasons I've researched into and purchased Arlo ultra (also researched preceding model's) was the compatibility with the Arlo brand. Unfortunately it seems there is no support to link my new Ultra model with my SmartThings app, to integrate my smart house as a whole..(even though both have been around and evolving for more than a year now)
My question is.. have I overlooked some way to integrate these systems together and if not, when will there be support for Arlo Ulltra on the SmartThings app??
I have a new samsung TV, new soundbar, new Ecobee thermostat and they all work wonderful and just how they are supposed to.. I plan to increase my ease of living with new outlets, lights and switches with this technology as well as all future purchases being compatible with smart home technology.
Ps. I also have a samsung phone lo
2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yeah. Not sure if it's Arlo or Samsung that are the reason for lack of integration here. I use my Pro and Pro 2 cameras to do stuff with Smartthings. For my Pro 3 and Ultra cameras, I have routines through Alexa

F-DUB
Tutor
Tutor
Yes I've done my research as of now I'm not sure either.
I'm also trying to Set up my Google assistant and Google home app to try to circumnavigate, However I'm not sure if I have to have a Google assistant device like an Alexa but the cameras are set up with the home app however the assistant will not show me the footage, I have to go into Google home app click on the camera manually and it will show me the live stream. It would be much easier to just tell my google assistant to open Arlo app and click on it myself, lol
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation