Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can you access SD through app

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
CarrieF
Tutor
Tutor
Hi, I have found some posts about how there was suppose to be access to the recordings on sd card at the end of last year. Has this happened? We had a free year subscription and now we can't access any videos on phone unless we sign up to a $15 or $25 per month plan. Seems a little excessive considering a lot of the other cameras have 7 day cloud storage. Wish I had know it was one of the only ones that don't before I bought them.
3 REPLIES 3
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@CarrieF wrote:
Seems a little excessive considering a lot of the other cameras have 7 day cloud storage.

That is for the Pro 2 and older cameras.

@CarrieF wrote:
Wish I had know it was one of the only ones that don't before I bought them.

Doesn't it say something about this on the box? Very naughty if it doesn't.

@CarrieF wrote:
We had a free year subscription and now we can't access any videos on phone unless we sign up to a $15 or $25 per month plan.

$25? Where are you?

Arlo subscription plans and cloud recording

Starts at $9.99.

@CarrieF wrote:
Hi, I have found some posts about how there was suppose to be access to the recordings on sd card at the end of last year. Has this happened?

What is Direct Storage Access and how do I use it?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Local recording access via the latest apps has been available for some time now. If you have the appropriate device inserted into your hub/base and it's enabled you can view the local recordings via the app. I don't know how it works without a subscription but for me I get a button at the top of the library that, when clicked, gives me the choice of either cloud or local recordings. I suspect you would see that without a subscription but can only choose local recordings.

The business model changed with the release of the Ultra over a year ago, requiring subscriptions. It's been well-advertised and documented since then. Only the older cameras, Pro 2 and below, have the free 7 day plan for up to 5 cameras.

CarrieF
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you for replies, I will try tomorrow when I pick up sd card. Free trial has only just run out so I didn't have one.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation