Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra Homekit Problem

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Redpower187
Apprentice
Apprentice
My video streams have started to go black after a certain amount of time streaming via Homekit.

Not sure if this is an Apple problem or an Arlo problem? I'm guessing it might have something to do with iOS13, but could be wrong.

Anyone got any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Redpower187,

How long does the live stream remain active until this occurs? Is the issue intermittent or can you consistently reproduced this?

JamesC

Redpower187
Apprentice
Apprentice
Anywhere from 5-10 minutes.

I have not timed it to the second, but will try and see later if there is a specific time the feed goes black.
Redpower187
Apprentice
Apprentice
Problem still persists, seems to be sporadic. Around about 10mins though it will go black.
Redpower187
Apprentice
Apprentice
This is still not resolved, can someone else please leave a stream running on Homekit and tell me if the stream goes black after a period of time?

Do you know if this is some sort of timed cut off or bug with Arlo Homekit firmware 1.70.216 or a problem with the Home app itself on iOS 13.

I need to be able to stream constantly. The only time the stream should go black, is when the wifi drops out and not when I have a solid internet connection. Please fix this annoying bug if it is an Arlo problem, if not reach out to Apple to fix it on their end.

Thanks
Redpower187
Apprentice
Apprentice
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation