Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't access local storage through app. Can view videos on tablet if removing SD card. Restarted.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Sharonlj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Aargh. Subscription finished this week, purchased SD card 512 mb for local storage. Can view videos on tablet if I remove the card from the Arlo Base unit and insert into tablet but unable to view local storage through the library on the app . Have updated Arlo app on Oppo phone and Samsung Galaxy S3 tablet, restarted everything including base unit but no luck. My library is blank with no ability to choose a storage option (cloud or local). It was working the day I inserted the SD card and I was able to view locally stored videos through library but not today. This is so aggravating.

Any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

People have had difficulties getting their hubs to recognise and play nicely with some USB devices.

One thing to try is to get the hub to format the memory for you.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Sharonlj
Aspirant
Aspirant
Already formatted sd card twice in base unit. Had 4 alerts last night from camera, was only able to view one recording through library.
dcfox1
Master
Master

Arlo changed  to at least a 16GB storage a while back for USB and SD cards.  Not sure if that is why don't see it in app but still when inserted into tablet. I have a cheap Scan Disk 30GB USB for Pro3  hub and it works fine.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation