Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can I have Base Station perform misc functions on our Ultras that is NOT base station?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rdilauro
Luminary
Luminary

Can I have a ARLO base station to perform misc functions on our Ultras that is NOT the base station where they normally reside?

Upgrade Firmware
Factory reset
Troubleshooting
New installs

We have 5 ARLO base stations throughout our club. It would be so much easier to have a base station in my house to do some of the work I mention above.
Besides any network implications ( ssid ) and having to rest che a camera, is there any reason I could not do this work on what I call a generic base station ( from my house$

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rdilauro wrote:
Can I have a ARLO base station to perform misc functions on our Ultas that is NOT the base station where they normally reside?

Upgrade Firmware
Factory reset
Troubleshooting
New installs

We have 5 ARLO base stations throughout our club. It would be so much easier to have a base station in my house to do some of the work I mention above.
Besides any network implications ( ssid ) and having to rest che a camera, is there any reason I could not do this work on what I call a generic base station ( from my house$

I don't think it would save you much work.  Firmware updates happen automatically, so I don't get what you are thinking there. You'd need to remove the camera from the real base, and repair it to the generic one in order to switch (and then reverse the process afterwards).

But you could do it, and it might be useful to have a spare base (and maybe even a spare camera) on hand anyway. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rdilauro wrote:
Can I have a ARLO base station to perform misc functions on our Ultas that is NOT the base station where they normally reside?

Upgrade Firmware
Factory reset
Troubleshooting
New installs

I don't think it would save you much work.  Firmware updates happen automatically, so I don't get what you are thinking there. You'd need to remove the camera from the real base, and repair it to the generic one in order to switch (and then reverse the process afterwards).

But you could do it, and it might be useful to have a spare base (and maybe even a spare camera) on hand anyway. 

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation