Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras not recording to library. Hub can't find cameras so have to manually trigger.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 1 In Conversation
sofarnothappy
Initiate
Initiate

There are multiple posts on this topic but I feel the need to start a new discussion.

I have had my system less than a week and my system has stopped generating video to my library although I see a guy walking around my truck.

A past post "solution" was to remove my cameras, reset the hub, reinstall the cameras. Unfortunately the hub can't find my cameras so I have to get my ladder out and manually trigger the link.

I'm super pissed off that I have to take so much time from actually working to babysit this system that came highly recommended. I am super crabby because I had the system two days and my garage was broken into and my drill was stolen, thankfully nothing else, but I need it to move the installation of my camera so now I have to go buy a new drill to move my camera. I found what I thought was a perfect angle is not and a person could walk under the camera from the side. When I adjusted the camera to catch that area I then lose the area further out so now I guess I need two cameras at my garage. The pro3 160degree range basically sucks and I am hesitant to invest in the 4k after having so much problems in one week

Anyway my next step is to get my cameras to reconnect to the hub to see if al this BS will result in the system actually recording video to the library.

But honestly it has already, in 4 days, been so much trouble I am leaning toward throwing everything back in the box and taking it back to Costco and trying another system

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sofarnothappy
Initiate
Initiate

Update:

Got my two cameras back online. The one by my detached garage 160' away from hub would not connect so I brought it next to hub and it still couldn't find it so I added manually. The second camera would not auto connect even though it was right next to hub but I was able to manually reconnect from the top of the ladder.

Pros:

I did manage to get the garage camera to cover all the ares I needed by adjusting it while in live mode. 

ease of setup and installation

magnetic mounts

Cons:

Magnetic mounts: Seems pretty easy to steal the cameras that are not cheap. (ladder is required to reach them)

Having the system for four days and for the system to stop recording and 1) losing a day or recording, 2) The time it took to get them back online.

In the process of getting the cameras reinstalled it disconnected my wife so I had to un-add her and re-add her to access another pain in the ***.

I wish at about 20ft out I got a better picture of a face or license plate but the data I get should be good enough

Closing:

I love the system but if this recent issue happens again it really makes no sense keeping the system.

So lets see how it goes. Fingers crossed.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
sofarnothappy
Initiate
Initiate

Update:

Got my two cameras back online. The one by my detached garage 160' away from hub would not connect so I brought it next to hub and it still couldn't find it so I added manually. The second camera would not auto connect even though it was right next to hub but I was able to manually reconnect from the top of the ladder.

Pros:

I did manage to get the garage camera to cover all the ares I needed by adjusting it while in live mode. 

ease of setup and installation

magnetic mounts

Cons:

Magnetic mounts: Seems pretty easy to steal the cameras that are not cheap. (ladder is required to reach them)

Having the system for four days and for the system to stop recording and 1) losing a day or recording, 2) The time it took to get them back online.

In the process of getting the cameras reinstalled it disconnected my wife so I had to un-add her and re-add her to access another pain in the ***.

I wish at about 20ft out I got a better picture of a face or license plate but the data I get should be good enough

Closing:

I love the system but if this recent issue happens again it really makes no sense keeping the system.

So lets see how it goes. Fingers crossed.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 1 In Conversation