Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery life following firmware update

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

New issue (one of the very many): following the disastrous firmware update resulting in SD storage problems (see Arlo HD section on the discussion), my Ultras that are furthest away from the SmartHub are showing a remarkably worse battery life. Each is now discharging at 1-2% per day, whereas previously, it was 1-2% per month, as they're rarely used.

I'm sorry, but this can't carry on like that that there are constant issues with this system.

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Edinburgh_lad1 

Thanks for the feedback. I don't see any devices attached to this account/email. Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing with your battery drain. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to the Profile icon > Support Center > Select device > contact

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi @ShayneS 

No problem. Give me a few days to gather data and I'll contact you via PM with the email address associated with my account.

In the meanwhile, I got this message while trying to reset one of the cameras to improve a battery life.

Cheers. 

PS Will be happy to send the numbers that I obscured in the photo

IMG_20240410_180830238.jpg

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I can confirm it's 2% per day, regardless of whether the camera is used or not. The other *unusual* thing is the solar panel will only charge up the battery up to 99% and no more.

How much beta testing of your system should I continue to be doing? When will you finally release a version of both firmware and software that won't have any issues? It's relentless and tiring. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation