Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Jankovichs
Apprentice
Apprentice
Arlo ultra cameras suddenly started recording on every movement like 100 meters Away from cameras, any movement even if its not heat related... couple days it was working fine now it records every single movement no matter how far object from camera is ! In day time it works as normal in night time it records everything no matter the distance
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The major issues being discussed in this thread have been resolved with the most recent Ultra Camera and SmartHub firmware updates. Please check here to make sure your systems automatically updated to the latest versions:

Arlo Ultra VMC5040 - 1.070.50.2_205_0c7c8e1 - 19th December 2019

Arlo SmartHub VMB5000 - 1.15.0.4_297_aa40f04 - 18th December 2019

If you're having a different issue, please open a new thread here in the community, reach out to me in a private message directly or contact support to further investigate: Arlo Support Team

A big thanks to the community for helping our engineering team troubleshoot these issues and thank you for your patience while we worked to release these updates.

JamesC

View solution in original post

196 REPLIES 196
Jankovichs
Apprentice
Apprentice
Adjusted sensitivity to 1 where default was 80 and it was working fine ... still the same thing ... it even start recording when there is light flashing on the street from car that is not visible to the camera
Nathan-aus
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm having the exact same problem. This is very annying. @JamesC When will a fix be deployed? 

Jankovichs
Apprentice
Apprentice
When did your problem started? Mine started like 3 days ago... and all cameras at the same time ... makes me think base station problem or arlo coder team doing some weird things
Nathan-aus
Apprentice
Apprentice

My issue also started a couple of days ago. Apparently others are having the same issue. This is very annoying. I have had to disarm my cameras, because I am being inundated with alerts. It's now the waiting game for Arlo to fix it. 

Jankovichs
Apprentice
Apprentice
System start driving me crazy ...
nothing works properly!
Activity zones doesn't work even my cameras are always wired, smart notifications are all over the place, pets are persons, light from cars On the streets are persons, actual people ar only motions!
Sometimes my cameras record videos in pink colors! Sometimes they doesn't record at all And i have to restart base station to make them record again! They just advertise system with all those fancy extras but none of them works properly!
All my cameras has strong connection strength also!
Jankovichs
Apprentice
Apprentice
SD card local recording have "overwrite automatically " Function enabled but i keep getting emails that My sd card is full and video's will be no longer recorded!

"We noticed that the SD card in your Arlo Arlo Ultra 4K is full.
You will no longer be able to record video clips to the SD card. Please go to the Arlo mobile app to delete older activity and re-activate storage of new recordings."
Jankovichs
Apprentice
Apprentice
Look at the distance my camera started recording where is that car with lights on! and it also record if anybody pass that street at the bottom ...
Jankovichs
Apprentice
Apprentice
Here is my activity zone set up, as u can see from previous pictures it doesn't wok either
Nathan-aus
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well I've just stopped receiving notifications now. This is very disappointing. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Try removing power from your SmartHub, reapply power, allow the system to boot back up and test again to see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

Nathan-aus
Apprentice
Apprentice

Still not working. @JamesC this is very annoying. Have you received any update from your development team as to when a fix will be deployed? 

coolass123
Star
Star
This as happened to me too motion is not working after update last night on all my cameras. I can not set a zone anymore
Jankovichs
Apprentice
Apprentice
Motion seems to not work anymore on heat As it should, it works on anything that moves in front of camera no matter how far away, even on light beams
dt1785
Guide
Guide
I restarted both the hub and camera and I’m still experiencing this issue. It’s detecting everything under the sun that moves but it didn’t detect me leaving my house or coming home in my car today as it usually does or me walking to my mailbox. It did detect another car in my driveway later so I’m not sure why it’s inconsistent with movement that’s in its view.
Jankovichs
Apprentice
Apprentice
Disabled all cameras, Disconnected hub from power for 20 mins, reconnected, enabled cameras, but still doing the same thing, it even start recording on rain drops!
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
My cameras are going off to like crazy ever since. Firmware update .telling me that animal have been detected. And when I check there's nothing there . work perfect a few days ago
yo123
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have exact the same problem. Cameras keep detecting motion. Never stop. I get 5min recording every time. It started after firmware update last night which says motion detection "improvement". Unplug, plug base station, remove battery from camera... never work. Sometimes camera become offline. CVR stops recording... Too many issues.

Jankovichs
Apprentice
Apprentice
Where can i find info about last update?
Does it do record every movement on day as well or night only ?
Jankovichs
Apprentice
Apprentice
Just came back home from work and both cameras didn't even Detected me where they used to detect and record every time!
Now they detect light beams, cars etc... but less people which is unacceptable
jsturess
Luminary
Luminary

I also have the same problem with triggering, trigger for everything, lamps, movements, 100 meters away and so on, seem also it has started to trigger on sound, because in some recordings I cant see anything, its only noise, but the recording says movement. Some videos are up to 5 minutes of recording without any specific movements and so on...

This started 3/12 for me...

Jankovichs
Apprentice
Apprentice
To me it looks like PIR motion detection has ben changed to pixel based motion detection...
Some users might benefit from this detection but i bet not most of us!
As i see arlo is capable of this kind of motion detection, Would be good to have an option to switch in between motion detection modes!
Nathan-aus
Apprentice
Apprentice

I hope that's not that case! The waiting game for a fix continues...

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
A recent firmware update has once again broken the Arlo system this is not the first time these people have done this. Last night I got over 53 notifications on one camera 63 on another camera where I should have had none. Animals detected no animals motion detected no motion