Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
cyberal
Initiate
Initiate
Need help,
I am having issues with my arlo security cameras, specifically with my arlo ultra cameras. The problem is that it is constantly detecting motion when there is none. I already tried removing and re syncing them, restarting the arlo base station, and even restarting my router. They are in good range of the base station as well. Also. I noticed that it won't detect a person or vehicle like it would before, all the notification says is motion detected and it will do it every minute and sometimes record for 5 minutes at a time. My arlo pro 2 cameras are working perfectly, it is only the ultras having the issues. I tried emailing arlo and it's been two days and they haven't replied back and I can't be without that specific security camera for too long. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time in advance
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The major issues being discussed in this thread have been resolved with the most recent Ultra Camera and SmartHub firmware updates. Please check here to make sure your systems automatically updated to the latest versions:

Arlo Ultra VMC5040 - 1.070.50.2_205_0c7c8e1 - 19th December 2019

Arlo SmartHub VMB5000 - 1.15.0.4_297_aa40f04 - 18th December 2019

If you're having a different issue, please open a new thread here in the community, reach out to me in a private message directly or contact support to further investigate: Arlo Support Team

A big thanks to the community for helping our engineering team troubleshoot these issues and thank you for your patience while we worked to release these updates.

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
enigmaphoenix
Star
Star

Please see this tread.  https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Ultra/Dec-2019-arlo-ultra-update-broke-motion-window-creation/m-p...

Or this thread..  https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Ultra/Arlo-ultra-motion-detection/m-p/1745569#M9074

You are not alone.  It was caused by a firmware update on Dec 4th.  🙂  Still no fix in site.

cyberal
Initiate
Initiate
Great, well thanks for your quick response, at least I know now it's an issue on their end
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Yes, I would really love if an Arlo moderator or Arlo employee like @JamesC would be kind enough to provide us an update on the Arlo Ultra camera reporting constant motion for all those affected by the Dec 4. Ultra Base station firmware update.

Please James or anyone.  What is an approx. ETA for a fix?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is hard at work to resolve these reported issues. I do not have an ETA for a fix to be released but will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The major issues being discussed in this thread have been resolved with the most recent Ultra Camera and SmartHub firmware updates. Please check here to make sure your systems automatically updated to the latest versions:

Arlo Ultra VMC5040 - 1.070.50.2_205_0c7c8e1 - 19th December 2019

Arlo SmartHub VMB5000 - 1.15.0.4_297_aa40f04 - 18th December 2019

If you're having a different issue, please open a new thread here in the community, reach out to me in a private message directly or contact support to further investigate: Arlo Support Team

A big thanks to the community for helping our engineering team troubleshoot these issues and thank you for your patience while we worked to release these updates.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation