Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

camera going offline every few minutes, activity zones recording outside the box

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Gavin_b
Tutor
Tutor

Since this new update my camera has started going offline every few minutes
Which it never before?

Plus my activity zone is set to the same as it has been but its recording everything out the box. Any ideas before I send it back, two weeks old and nothing but problems.

3 REPLIES 3
cyberjunkyfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice

My base station keeps dropping offline every few minutes, flashing amber LED.  It's not any issue with my network.  This happened a few months ago and spent many hours troubleshooting only to find it was a problem on Arlo's end, wasted a lot of time that day.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

What is the signal strength like for your cameras? How far away are they from your SmartHub? It sounds like the cameras could be dropping offline due to poor connectivity. If you bring the camera close to the SmartHub (temporarily to test) do you experience the same behavior?

JamesC

Gavin_b
Tutor
Tutor
The signal is strong, its seems to be better now.

But I'm still having 100's of alerts a day, both the camera and hub is on the latest software, its worst at night with car headlights
I've reset the camera and hub a number of times and reset the activity zone and it's still the same.
@JamesC
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation