Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo ultra camera motion detection triggering and recording even though camera view pinch zoomed

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Aussie_Lad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Motion still being detected even though camera view zoomed in, is the motion detection still the original full range independent of the camera field of view?

Also the recordings that are being captured are associated with a fair bit of noise ie passing traffic could this be triggering the detection even though this feature is not selected on the base station and individual camera settings?

finally I believe there is a bug with pinch zoom feature, when you connect to the camera to display the live feed it times out after ~ 10 secs, also when you back out to see the overview of all cameras that one is illegible ie distorted horizontal lines.

Apart from these minor problems so far appears a great product.

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Aussie_Lad,

Pinching and zooming will not reduce the area of detection.

If you would like to limit motion detection to a specific area, try using activity zones or adjusting the angle of the camera to eliminate undesired areas of detection.

For more information, take a look here:

How do I create activity zones with my Arlo Ultra camera?

How do I position my Arlo Ultra camera to detect motion in specific areas?

JamesC

Aussie_Lad
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks @JamesC I have already tried turning the camera and changing the activity zones but still get around 40 random triggers per day. Any comments on the additional content of my original thread?
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation