Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra wired questions

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
terra3110
Follower
Follower

Hi,

I try to understand the product portfolio from Arlo since a while, and I am not very successful. 

At the moment we use several NEST Cams for Security. In some cases, there is a lot of Movements on the Camera and we like to record them on purpose. After NEST did not support Apple TV App anymore, I looking for an alternative. So far I understand Arlo support HomeKit and with HomeCam App on Apple TV, I should be able to see all Cameras ad once again on Apple TV. Did anyone tried this setup out and can confirm, that its working?

More importantly, it seems at least Arlo 2 I can get powered by a battery and by wire-cabling (like NEST). Because I have the cabling already in place, I would like to use the Arlo Ultra wired too, but I did not find any information that it is available in a wire-powered Version or a Cable like for Arlo 2 exists. Is this correct, Arlo 3 and Arlo Ultra only work with Battery?

Frank

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Pro, Pro2, Pro3 and Ultra all have the option of outdoor power...

The Pro and Pro2 use a micro usb type and the Ultra and Pro3 use the newer magnetic connector.

The difference over a normal supply is that they are rated for outdoors/weather. If your running cables from inside to cameras,  that may not be as important providing the usb connection ( pro/pro2 ) are weather proofed where as the Pro3 and Ultra magnetically attach and there is no water intrusion possible

https://www.amazon.com/Arlo-Accessory-Resistant-Connector-Compatible/dp/B07KJVBHMP

https://www.amazon.com/Arlo-Accessory-Outdoor-charging-Compatible/dp/B07D1D6TVP/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation