Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Local storage videos are blank and cannot play on iOS 13.5.1. Can view when viewing on desktop.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
FNakamura
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Iphone (IOS 13.5.1) won´t play the videos recorded in my local storage. It will show a gray/blank screen. I have several Arlo cameras (Arlo 2, Arlo 3 and Arlo Ultra) and i cannot play any video saved in my local storage. If i remove the SD card and open in my desktop I can play the videos. I have already tried a solution suggested in a different post to clear all downloaded videos and it did not work for me. It is so frustrating that everytime Arlo updates firmwares or the Arlo App, things stop working. 

Came on Arlo, your software enginners can do better than that.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FNakamura
Aspirant
Aspirant

Finally got the issue fixed. I had to re install the Arlo APP on my phone. Everything seems to work fine now. Clearing downloaded videos and reboot my phone did not work. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Might be an iOS thing but I'd pull the card out (safely eject it) and check on a computer to verify the recordings are or aren't correct.

FNakamura
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried that already. The videos in the SD card are ok. I can play them in my desktop. The problem is when you try to view then in the Arlo App. The Arlo App also fails to save the videos to my phone videos folder. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app?

FNakamura
Aspirant
Aspirant

Finally got the issue fixed. I had to re install the Arlo APP on my phone. Everything seems to work fine now. Clearing downloaded videos and reboot my phone did not work. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation