Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
mcnaryj
Initiate
Initiate

One of my Arlo Ultra cameras showed the battery was dead when it had plenty of battery and when I took it down and opened it up it was soaking wet inside and no longer works. I thought these were suppose to be water proof? Can someone tell me what my options are please and thank you?

9 REPLIES 9
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mcnaryj,

Ultra cameras are weather resistant. As long as the battery compartment is properly closed and secure, moisture shouldn't enter.

Was the battery compartment fully closed?

JamesC

mcnaryj
Initiate
Initiate
Yes the battery compartment was completely closed and it got water in it. When I took the battery compartment off is when I noticed all the moisture in there.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mcnaryj,

Please reach out to the support team to further investigate the issue. If you have any trouble opening a ticket, please let me know and i'd be happy to assist.

Arlo Support Team 

You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

DamianR
Apprentice
Apprentice
You should check that the O ring that seals around the front of the camera has not been dislodged.
It is in a small groove right at the front. Without this the camera is not sealed against water ingress from the front. There should not be any other possible point of water entry.
Mine have withstood torrential rain, no problems.
jhenderson84
Initiate
Initiate
I too had the same issue. I think it’s an issue with the size of the ORing. They seem to be quite thin and flimsy. Oddly enough, my camera is angled downward and rain shouldn’t have had the opportunity for the rain to supersede the oring. They ultimately sent me a new camera and haven’t had an issue yet with all of the rain we’ve had. The original camera became super cloudy after the water infiltrated the camera housing.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't forget that many water seals can get displaced during opening and closing of the sealed port. I make sure the seal is properly placed before reinstalling the cover.

Ruben_B
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same issue. Weird, as there is no way for water to get in. At a guess i think the water got in through the camera mount internal thread when i tested it using running water. Arlo replaced

Dolina
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have also had wet in my camera. Have dried out completely in bag of rice but still comes up with message "it's time to charge your battery" I tried another fullcharged battery from another camera but still the same message. Which leads me to think it is the camera. Should I go back to the place of purchase and ask for a replacement again, they told me it was only water resistant, the packaging says for outdoors and they installed them. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dolina,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation