Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra showing offline. Shows low signal at times. Tried rebooting and removing.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
margulies
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 5 Arlo  Ultracameras., I purchased them to replace Arlo Pro2, I have several that keep going off line,

I have 1 camera that at night the blue light continually flashes. it shows a low signal at times and other times it shows the batter icon solid, as if it  were a full charge and sometimes the lightning bolt will show up flashing, all of the cameras are AC powered, all of the cameras are in the same locations that the old cameras were, the modem is in the same place, nothing has changed except the type of cameras,  I have tried to reboot the modem, remove and reinstall cameras, have tried everything I can find information on,  The cameras are up high so I cannot keep replacing batteries, that is why they are all plugged into outlets, like I stated, nothing has changed other than the cameras and the modem that it came with,

any suggestions or ideas,

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@margulies wrote:

I have 1 camera that at night the blue light continually flashes. it shows a low signal at times and other times it shows the batter icon solid, as if it  were a full charge and sometimes the lightning bolt will show up flashing,

Maybe try swapping the camera with another one, and see if the the problem moves.

If it doesn't, then contact support: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

If the problem does move, then take another look at at the power going to the camera.

@margulies wrote:

I have several that keep going off line,

How far away are they from the base?  What signal strength are you seeing?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@margulies wrote:

I have 1 camera that at night the blue light continually flashes. it shows a low signal at times and other times it shows the batter icon solid, as if it  were a full charge and sometimes the lightning bolt will show up flashing,

Maybe try swapping the camera with another one, and see if the the problem moves.

If it doesn't, then contact support: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

If the problem does move, then take another look at at the power going to the camera.

@margulies wrote:

I have several that keep going off line,

How far away are they from the base?  What signal strength are you seeing?

margulies
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello and Thank you for your response.

The signal strength is good except for the one that the light keeps flashing blue,

All of the cameras are about the same distance from the base, and all the cameras that were replaced from the old cameras are in the same location

That the old cameras were located,,

I will try swapping cameras to see if that helps. Someone may ask about the power source,

They are all plugged into outlets with the same type od power cable, they were all ordered at the same time and

Installed at the same time, just wanted to cover that information if someone were to ask about that,

Just trying to cover every possibility.

Thanks again!!!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation