Arlo Ultra local streaming with 4K and premier plan app error

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

Added the premier plan 2 days ago, check the cameras tonight after app update (iOS), in video settings it now says local 2K streaming toggle but under says only 2 devices can stream in 4K. When I view the cameras 2x cameras say 2K and the rest have 4K ghosted out. Arlo??? Are you now telling me I have to PAY for a 4K subscription to stream the 4K cameras I already paid for in 4K local streaming???
When I had no subscription 2 cameras would view in 4K, so now I pay I get LESS???

Model: VMC5040 | Arlo Ultra Wire-Free Camera
Highlighted
Guru Guru
Guru

You did notice that the Premier sub gets 2k cloud recordings while Elite gets 4k, right? That's clearly stated in the subscriptions.

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat,

I clearly stated I was talking about local streaming.

I had to unpair one camera because it was messing up last night and then when I re paired it this morning it went back to the 4K local previously shown.

Does this mean I have to unpair every camera and re pair them just to get back local 4K streaming because of an app update? Thats ridiculous.

Highlighted
Guru Guru
Guru

The app doesn't cause this - it's something about the config of the hub and/or cameras. If rebooting the hub doesn't help, I'd say you're left with removing and resyncing the cameras to clear out weirdness.

Highlighted
Prodigy
Prodigy

JimiW when you go to the premier plan they drop you to 2K both in the cloud and on your SD.  I disputed this back in Jan.  and they sent an e-mail to my case saying this is all you get unless you pay for Elite.  Since then they have also taken away 4K live which is supposed to be available no matter the plan.  They last told me they are working on it.  That was back in April.  Don't hold your breath

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wow, that is pathetic. You buy a 4K camera, fair enough you choose the cloud recording resolution but that should have nothing to do with your local SD card resolution, why bother buying a 4K camera then.

As to re pairing the cameras, that is truly sad, I just went through an experience where I was convinced my base station had bricked as it would not re start or get a blue light, I followed every step from the techs (which I had already done as im not stupid) and it was about the 12th time of doing stuff that it magically decided to work. Now I have to unpair and re pair cameras, that sucks. These things always seem to start failing JUST when you actually need them to work properly.

Camera resolution seems to be good on these things but the software and integration is rubbish. The amount of times I have re paired and reset cameras is embarrassing for something that retails at $450AUD per camera. The resolution of video steam is quite often better on homekit than arlo app which is just a joke. The night vision brightness needs to be switched up and down on random days to see anything, last night I had to turn the spotlight on and off to make it work properly.

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve realised it’s the cameras that I haven’t added to the plan that state the 4K option, so it’s not a bug it’s done deliberately.

@JamesC can you please respond? Arlo is restricting the use of my cameras to their full ability deliberately outside of the subscription I am using. If Elite had the 50% off offer I would have got that, but it didn’t.

Another question (sorry), does anyone know if I add the discounted single camera plans to my 5 camera plan it will take away the 50% 5 camera offer I signed up for? As it seems every time you change a plan it messes up your original. I’m in completely the wrong time zone for phone chat and I can never get onto them with live chat and no answers to email support cases....
Highlighted
Prodigy
Prodigy

If you do add more than the 5 cameras you will see 2K toggles in the app for the first 5 but the added cameras will show 4K toggles, however even those will only record in 2K or go live in 2K.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation