Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra cameras not recording some brief moments?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
george416
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all, wondering if any of you have noticed the Arlo Ultra cameras not recording some moments?

For instance, we use our 4 cameras in a pet food store environment.  Today, a customer comes in with their dog, and the dog did a quick pee on some products.  The camera facing the product didn't capture the actual urination, but got video of before and after the fact.

I found out afterwards that under each camera's "Mode" rules, I could switch on "Audio is detected", so I'm hoping that will make the cameras record more continuously without missing a second.

But if anyone has any other suggestions, I'd like to hear them.

Here is our Arlo Ultra system info:

Base station:

- HW version:  VMB5000r4

- Firmware:  1.15.0.4_297_aa40f04

Cameras:

- HW version:  H6

- Firmware:  1.070.50.2_205_0c7c8e1

We have motion set at 100% under "Motion Detection Test", and we have never created any zones.

Thanks,

George

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

george416,

Changing sensitivity under motion detection test will only change the sensitivity for that feature, not normal recordings. To adjust sensitivity, the settings need to be changed within your rules, take a look here: How do I change the motion sensitivity on my Arlo camera?

The position of your camera also plays an important role on how well it can detect motion. Take a look here for tips on positioning for best performance: How do I position my Arlo Ultra camera to detect motion in specific areas?

JamesC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

george416,

Changing sensitivity under motion detection test will only change the sensitivity for that feature, not normal recordings. To adjust sensitivity, the settings need to be changed within your rules, take a look here: How do I change the motion sensitivity on my Arlo camera?

The position of your camera also plays an important role on how well it can detect motion. Take a look here for tips on positioning for best performance: How do I position my Arlo Ultra camera to detect motion in specific areas?

JamesC

george416
Aspirant
Aspirant

James:  thx so much!  I think this solved the problem.

- george

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation