Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
SuperSamuli
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is anybody else experiencing a problem where Arlo Ultra cameras stop recording / don't "play" anything unless I boot the Ultra SmartHub. Problem was more severe when I had memory card installed in the SmartHub. Cameras are online, just don't "play" any movement. Each SmartHub has at least 4 cameras installed. 

10 REPLIES 10
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SuperSamuli,

Do you see any error messages? What do you mean when you say they don't "play" anything? Are you getting recordings?

JamesC

SuperSamuli
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nothing gets recorded. If I click "Live" -link, I get "Please wait..." and then "The device failed to connect. Please try again" error. Rebooting Smarthub fixes the problem, but I have to do almost daily.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SuperSamuli,

This could be a connectivity issue with the cameras. Poor signal strength due to range or interference can result in the cameras struggling to maintain their connection with the SmartHub. What does the signal strength icon show for the camera?

JamesC

SuperSamuli
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can't be that - getting 2-3 bars on all cameras. And this happens with all the cameras connected to the same SmartHub. And problems occurs with several SmartHubs as well. This morning I had to reboot three out of seven SmartHubs that I have here. 

Granting
Star
Star
My issue is that all 4K cameras are not recording anything. Just a still image in the library. On checking the mode in the app I find my Pro 2 cameras are all ok and set to record video if triggered by motion but the 4K cameras are set to do nothing and the record video and alarm options are greyed our? Software bug?
trinatron
Apprentice
Apprentice
@Grant check that Ultra cameras are participating in the subscription. Many customers have had this issue recently where the cameras have dropped out of their subscription.

trinatron
Apprentice
Apprentice
@SuperSamuli did this problem start recently or once more Arlo hardware was added. The reason I’m asking is because these camera use WiFi and there’s only a few non-overlapping WiFi channels in the 2.4Ghz range. So too many cameras/hubs in the same area are going to start interfering with each other. 5GHz has more channels but only work over shorter distances. Plus you’ll also get interference from other WiFi devices like phones PCs etc. If I was going to install a security camera system with more than several cameras I would go wired over wireless
Granting
Star
Star
Nothing has changed in my system or it’s settings. I have since connected via the PC website rather than iPhone app and found that cameras had been somehow removed from my list in the account which supports premium features. After putting them back in the list the 4 K cameras were able to be set to record to the cloud again.
Granting
Star
Star
Thanks you are spot on. When I logged in using the pc interface I found all my cameras removed from list. I put them back and now can record to the cloud again.
SuperSamuli
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update - I have been trying to solve this issue where approx. 10 cameras out of my 50 cameras simply stop recording every day. Problem is probably caused by having too many cameras on the property (I have 50 cameras around 2 acre property). I'm going to wait until next firmware / software update comes out - hopefully solving this issue. 

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation