Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
KoolMoeDee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I am looking at purchasing the Arlo Ultra kit. I have been reading compaints about the loudness of the siren in the Ultra model since the sirens are build into the cameras.

Can cannot seem to find it anywhere. Can someone provide an official Decibel (DB) rating for the siren loudness for the Ultra camera?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brh
Master
Master

@KoolMoeDee,

I don't know about the official spec, but I did a db check on mine and it was about 65db. Not very loud.

Brian

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
brh
Master
Master

@KoolMoeDee,

I don't know about the official spec, but I did a db check on mine and it was about 65db. Not very loud.

Brian

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Agree with above,

when I first heard it ( thinking of how loud the alarm on the 4000 base is ) it was NOT loud at all.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@brh wrote:

@KoolMoeDee,

The data sheet ought to include this, but it doesn't.

65 dba is a bit louder than a normal conversation - about the same as a reasonable room air conditioner.  So yes, not very loud.

KoolMoeDee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you all for your responses. I have made the decision to not purchase this product based on information and reviews I have seen.

Jimakaze
Tutor
Tutor
Good call. It's misleading to call this audio alert a siren. Just bought this system and can't believe how pathetic the so called siren noise is.
RGKWW
Initiate
Initiate

The siren on my new Arlo Ultra was somewhere in the range of the noise a bee makes when trapped in an aluminum can.  Calling it a siren is crazy, as is the warning before you trigger it saying that it is very loud.  I doubt I could hear it from the next room in a silent house, and it is quiet enough I could sleep with it going off on the pillow next to me.  If there is a way to increase the volume I would love to hear how.

Parker21
Initiate
Initiate
  1. Very “misleading “ is the word I would use as there is warning before activating stating the siren is very loud use caution. If the siren is a deterrent I doubt anyone would hear it any where other tan a absolutely quiet location.
  2. System has some good features but like the siren issue, the spot light is not very effective either.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

The Pro 3 sounds louder to me.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation