Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice
For the last several days, some of my Arlo Ultra Cameras have missed motion detection. Also, 1 of my cameras appears to be online but it struggles to come up in live view, despite having the normal 2 bars of signal strength which is typical for that camera. After various troubleshooting, resets, removing and replacing batteries and redoing the pairing process with no success, I decided to check to see if there have been any firmware updates. There is one for the Arlo 5000 Base, released just a few days ago and the date coincides with the date of the start of my issues. My Ultra systems had been working pretty much flawlessly for many months until the latest big fix base firmware came out. For the first time in a long while, it appears I'm back to an unreliable system, seemingly caused by a firmware update.
8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try rebooting your hub and maybe removing and reinserting the camera batteries.

HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks for your response. Please read my post again and let me know if you have any suggestions not already tried.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @HazzMatt

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.Arlo Tech Support

Jsijnja
Guide
Guide
I am experiencing something similar in the past week or two with motion not being detected on a particular camera when previously it seemed to be working reliably
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Jsijnja

There are a few steps we can try. 

1. Reboot your base station
  2. Remove > Re-Insert camera battery
  3. Remove camera from Settings > My Devices > Re-Add
SamuelR
Star
Star

I'm also having the same issue with two of my four Arlo Ultra cameras. So frustrating. Tried the steps listed.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @SamuelR

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

SamuelR
Star
Star

Hi, @ShayneS 

I'll get in touch later today or tomorrow. I'll try resetting the whole system again first and see if it changes anything.

Thanks!

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation