Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
tmartynetz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 arlo ultra carema's and all of them when detection and recording motion doesn't capture most of the motion. For expamle the camera watching the dog in the bed room. If the dog is sleeping on the bed, stands up, jumps off the bed and walks out of the room. The camera recording will have the dog walking out of the room or every once and awhile halfway off the bed. Then the rest of the recording is 10-15s of an empty room. Then when the dog comes back into the room. the recording won't start till the dog is already up on the bed. The hallway is in the view of the camera why doesn't change my dog walking into the room? 

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tmartynetz,

A couple things you can check:

First, be sure your camera is positioned for best performance, take a look here: How do I position my Arlo Ultra camera to detect motion in specific areas?

The second thing to take a look at is the camera sensitivity level. The camera uses PIR to detect motion. A dog, in some cases, will have a much smaller PIR signature than a human, so increasing sensitivity could help in this area. Take a look here for instructions on how to do this: How do I change the motion sensitivity on my Arlo camera?

JamesC

KingBowser64
Star
Star
JamesC, an issue that I am experiencing is the “Motion Detection” is set to “80” no matter what I do with my Arlo Ultra cameras. I keep changing the “Motion Detection” to “100,” but after a couple of minutes, each camera goes right back to “80.” I want mine to be at their highest sensitivity since I have my cameras all hooked up to solar panels and they record a ton of activity everyday and still maintain their charge. The issue is that the motion detection kicks in too late usually, which is why I really want to set them to the max of “100,” but each camera keeps moving back to “80.” Maybe a firmware fix is needed for the Arlo Ultra cameras? Other than that, the Arlo Ultra cameras have come a long way since their initial release in January and I love them.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

NOpe, read the FAQ here on changing motion sensitivity. You have to set in in your modes and rules, not the motion detection test. The test just gives you a number to use in your rules. You don't want a global sensitivity setting since different times of day may require different settings (sun's IR reflections causing false triggers).

tmartynetz
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC,

I beleive that I have done my best to place the camera to see the hallway and the full bedroom. I didn't have the motion senitivity up to 100% so I will try that and see how that seem to work

Will let you know thanks

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation