Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra Spotlight Not Shutting Off On Own

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Jdubbs4131
Star
Star
At least one of my two Arlo Ultra's spotlight won't turn off automatically when recording stops. Is this a known bug? I'd prefer it not stay on all the time once motion is detected.
4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I would try and 1) toggle off-on the spot light in settings and save each time  2) If NG, then pull battery to reset camera then replace

Test after each

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jdubbs4131,

What rules setup are you using for the one camera behaving that way?

JamesC

Jdubbs4131
Star
Star
When motion is detected record for 2 mins. It is plugged in continuous might be part of it. Might just need a reset. I will have to play with it. But it might be better if the devs program an option to force it to shut off after each recording. Some might like the spotlight to stay on.
Maddad524
Aspirant
Aspirant
I know this reply is a little late but I thought it may help someone else. I had that same issue that you had and after reading your comments I tried pulling my battery then reinstalling it after a few minutes. Without changing any of my settings everything seems to be working fine the camera shots off after recording for the selected amount of time which on my camera was 30 seconds. My camera is plugged in also.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation