Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
CaptainPKH
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am currently enrolled in the Arlo Smart Elite Plan , if I buy an Arlo Ultra camera system . will I get a credit /or extension to my subscription given that the Arlo Smart Premier subscription is included with the Ultra package for 1 year?

12 REPLIES 12
Dukenewcomb21
Apprentice
Apprentice
Nope, I had the same problem. Support said I needed to cancel my original account, then sign up as a new user to get the free year. Felt like I was penalized as a long time user.
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Dukenewcomb21 wrote:
Nope, I had the same problem. Support said I needed to cancel my original account, then sign up as a new user to get the free year. Felt like I was penalized as a long time user.

Wow.  It so, that is a horrible mistake by Arlo.  I know Nest (which charges per camera) allows the included “free” period to be used up and will then start any subscription one chooses at the end of that “free” period.  They also offer credit when a subscription is cancelled, so one could cancel the current subscription on any given camera and start a new one on the same or another camera.There should be some accounting and reconciliation of the “before” and “after” device environment.  The credit approach seems to be the most straightforward, but only if it doesn’t result in deletion of video history.

Dukenewcomb21
Apprentice
Apprentice
The cancelled account was pro rated so I did get some money back but I still thought it was silly to have to create a whole new account.
addertay
Apprentice
Apprentice
Ouch. Did you need to create an account with a different email or use the same email.
Dukenewcomb21
Apprentice
Apprentice
Had to use a whole new email sadly.
CaptainPKH
Aspirant
Aspirant

So if I understand this correctly, you have to cancel your account and then set-up a new one.

Does that mean that you have to set-up the whole system again , and link the cameras?

If thats the case, that doesnt make any sense.

Giving a credit is more practical and easier for everyone involved.

Does anyone from Arlo Support read these forums?>

Dukenewcomb21
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes I brought my ultra cams home, set them up, etc. Then I was told all the above to get my free year, had to cancel my current account. Then delete all cameras and base station including the ultra. Then sign up as a new user with a new email and then sync all cameras etc. huge pain in the butt, and now the ultras are having tons of connection problems like everyone else.
KGSRETIRED
Apprentice
Apprentice

Why can't they just extended your renewal date? Makes simple sense. 

KGSRETIRED
Apprentice
Apprentice
Evidently no one that can make a difference reads this forum. Sure would like some action on this.
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@KGSRETIRED wrote:
Evidently no one that can make a difference reads this forum. Sure would like some action on this.

Actually, the Arlo team watches this quite a bit, but often doesn’t respond directly to input here.  However, I’m convinced they value the conversation and concerns voiced here and we often see appropriate response.  It isn’t fast, but it has happened.

CaptainPKH
Aspirant
Aspirant

Extending the subscription makes sense if you have the same plan. I have the Smart Elite Plan which monitors additional cameras (Max 20) and keeps the history for 60 days not 30 days.

It would be easier for them to give me a goodwill credit on the subscription that comes with the Ultra. I would be happy with 50-60% .

KGSRETIRED
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yeah I have the premiere plan so it shouldn't be a problem. As I told the agent I talked to today, as much as we spend on their products they should be able to do something on their end. We shouldn't have to go through all this
Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation