Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Base Station VMB5000r4 Corrupted SD Card

Discussion stats
Asclepius
Initiate
Initiate

Hi there,

I have had this base station for over 2 years. The Micro SD card I have used to record the events are stored at the bottom of this base station.

About a week ago, I began to receive error messages the micro SD card was corrupted. I replaced it with a new card over the weekend and again the error message continued. 

This lead me to believe it is not the micro SD card that initially had failed. But I dont know what the problem is. I would very much like to continue to have the ability to record locally.

Has anyone else experienced this recent problem?

thanks,

Eric

29 REPLIES 29
ArloCustomer99
Guide
Guide

Exactly the same issue for me.  It started after I subscribed to Arlo cloud storage. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ArloCustomer99 wrote:

It seems related to cameras that have a cloud plan.  I signed up for cloud storage with Arlo Secure and that's when the problem started. 

It's pretty clear that this was a result of a bug in a recent firmware update.  It's reported by users w/o a plan, as well as users with a subscription.

Old-dirty
Star
Star

Can confirm. I’m not on any plan and am also having the same issue. 

i do however, have cameras that came out post push to subscription (ultras) that don’t have free cloud storage. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A firmware fix to resolve this issue is currently slated to be released very soon. I will provide an update here in the community once this firmware release is available.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

New firmware has been released resolving this issue. Your base station/SmartHub should have automatically updated and received this firmware overnight.

Please test again and list us know if you are still experiencing an issue.

JamesC

Discussion stats