Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 42 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
Johnny1005
Apprentice
Apprentice

Screenshot_20191121-110337_Arlo.jpg

The latest App version has a problem to where the indication of status and selection simply keep disappearing.  This is annoying. It leaves the user wondering what the actual status of the Arlo systems are.  Please fix this promptly.Screenshot_20191122-072018_Arlo.jpg

42 REPLIES 42
glassr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. And, i just deleted the app then deleted the schedule on pc. Then redid schedule on pc then reinstalled app. App shows mode - disarmed and pc shows schedule mode.

Strangely, after the phone screen turned off while i was replying on the PC, I turned my phone screen back on and saw the mode switch from disarmed to schedule then back to disarmed on its own. I use motorola moto x4 with android 9.

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Well I thought I found the problem but its back, now it only disappears when in armed mode any other mode the base status does not disappear. Sometimes armed mode will blink on and off a few times before disappearing. This problem  has been going on for almost 3 weeks As it started with the  2.11.0_26065 app.      Android 9 A50

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

was the siren meant to go off when it did? is your schedule correct, but the logo/verbiage says disarmed?

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Same similar problem here also but my base status disappear but if iam in disarm or any other mode it doesn't disappear. When I tap mode on the app the armed status will blink then be gone. Running Android 9  A50 phone

glassr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. Per schedule, it was armed and camera motion triggered siren. The app still showed disarmed mode.

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

As the subject says once again I go to mode and the status of what the bases are in is blank but it only does it when in armed mode that the status is blank if the bases are in disarmed mode they don't disappear when opening and closing the app. Yes this is the newest app 2.11.2_26080 for Android. Our phones are Samsung A50 on version 9. App 2.10.0_26060 doesn't have this problem.

surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary
I have same problem too, and another I always have to select the app shortcut twice for the app to start it never starts with one press Galaxy S10+ OS10
silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Here we go again, I started a topic about the app today on Arlo pro2 and it gets merged with this thread, why? Is it because they don't want to see more and more problems posted and bury it in a thread that's a few weeks old, bad for publicity? trying to hide problems? , thanks mods.

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Well the new app 2.12 update today 12-13-19 is still buggy as my modes are still blank still doesn't show armed sometimes it will show then disappear just like before. It only disappears when in armed mode I cant believe this is still a problem. Android 9 A50 phone.

Johnny1005
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi JamesC,

Just to keep you updated, my devices are now running on the latest App version 2.12.0_2690 released 12/13/19. 

In checking the App on all device (in my case, smartphones and tablets), the problem remains.  There is no change.  The Mode status indicators still disappear. 

Thanks,

John

surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary
Yeah problem remains
silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

As the subject says when? I still have blank mode status. When the system is armed the armed status is blank but when disarmed it doesn't disappear. It shows the whole time the app is open but when you close the app and reopen its gone and sometimes it will flash then go blank.

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I cant believe this I started and new thread in the Arlo pro 2 section and it gets moved to here AGAIN why?  Iam getting so sick and tired of this system all the problems with the app and Arlo breaking **bleep** every time they do a update. The mods saying they will let us know on any new news on this problem is just plain BS there responses are caned copy and paste reply's. Tried to edit my reply above and I ran out of time to edit, really. 

mrogers77
Apprentice
Apprentice
I noticed my light was not coming on. I have discovered that the bridge appears to be "slipping" out of armed mode on it's own. When you check the mode status, none of them are selected. I will select "Armed" and then go back, and I can watch the selector in "Armed" disappear after a short period of time.
mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have this problem with the standard Arlo Pros, so it's not linked to the Ultras. They released another bug-ridden app -- past few days it was stuck on "Getting Status" for a bunch of us and I ultimately ended up going back to an October version of the app. How pathetic is that.

Johnny1005
Apprentice
Apprentice

mamarcac,

I would like to know how to change my app back to an earlier version.  Can you direct me?

The problem with the past couple of software updates have really brought on the frustration, not knowing the actual status of the Arlo's.

Thanks~

mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice
Well I'm on Android so I use apkmirror and manually install the apk file. If you're on iPhone you're pretty much stuck. Also I spoke too soon. On LTE the app literally won't load. At home on WiFi I don't have issues. This just started happening.
Johnny1005
Apprentice
Apprentice

My smartphone software version, 2.12.1_27005 this AM.  So far the indicator buttons in Mode/Device options are remaining.  It looks like this problem is resolved.  Now to check and ensure that everything else is working as it should.

Discussion stats
  • 42 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation