Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 42 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
Johnny1005
Apprentice
Apprentice

Screenshot_20191121-110337_Arlo.jpg

The latest App version has a problem to where the indication of status and selection simply keep disappearing.  This is annoying. It leaves the user wondering what the actual status of the Arlo systems are.  Please fix this promptly.Screenshot_20191122-072018_Arlo.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Johnny1005
Apprentice
Apprentice

My smartphone software version, 2.12.1_27005 this AM.  So far the indicator buttons in Mode/Device options are remaining.  It looks like this problem is resolved.  Now to check and ensure that everything else is working as it should.

View solution in original post

42 REPLIES 42
silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Just received the new app update this morning and you screwed it up again now when you go to modes nothing is there but the base and my 2nd base, armed mode is gone and when you tap on it where armed, disarmed  etc is nothing is ticked if you tick on a mode it will display the mode with the green dot, you back out it will display what mode your in now if you close the app its gone again and doesn't display what mode your in. Christ every time you do something to the app you screw something else up.

Iam on Android 9 oreo I uninstalled and cleared the cache and data re-installed and nothing still the same.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Johnny1005,

If you force close the app and log back in, do you still see this behavior?

JamesC

Johnny1005
Apprentice
Apprentice

JamesC,

Yes, I have forced closure and have logged back in.  I even uninstalled and reinstalled the App. The problem remains.  Last night I also discovered this exact same problem when using my Samsung tablet.  It is also seen on an Android LG Smartphone.

Thanks

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I have the exact same problem as you but iam on Arlo pro 2, I had to roll back to the 060 (last 3 digits) of the old app to correct this. They came out with a new app this morning (070) and it has the same problem. 

Johnny1005
Apprentice
Apprentice

Silverado44,

Thanks for the information.  This pretty much shows that it is a bug in the software.  It is not a problem on my Arlo Windows 10 Browser App.

VCG
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am experiencing the exact same problem on a samsung 4 tablet and samsung note 9 phone, both androids.

Wholeheartedmom
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the SAME EXACT issue!!! This is completely FRUSTRATING! Come on guys get this fixed! I am also on android S9 galaxy and uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, cleared out the cache, powered off my phone and it STILL is doing this. And also having issues with the delay in my recordings, its like 4 to 5 mins off! PLEASE help.
silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

A lot of people are having this issue but don't worry they will fix it but they will screw something else in the app, I don't know where they get there techs and programmers at but it is a very nice system its just they make it bad.

Like I always said I wonder if the CEO owns this system?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo mobile app 2.11.1 for Android is now available from the app store. Please make sure you have the latest version installed and test again to see if you still experience this issue.

JamesC

Johnny1005
Apprentice
Apprentice

JamesC,

The App is on version 2.11.0_26070.  The problem remains.

Thanks,

John

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Johnny1005,

The development team is currently investigating this issue. I will provide an update when we have more information to share.

JamesC

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I have the same problem with the new app 2.11.1_26070.  Android v9

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I would like to know when this app is going to be fixed? I still have this problem.

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Well its still not fixed, JamesC said they were looking into it. They will fix it but will create another problem.

You would think Arlo would make sure there products perform with no problems before they come out with new products with the same problems across the board. I think its just there techs and programmers just don't know what the hell there doing, like I said Arlo does have a very nice product but the techs and programmers make it bad. 

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Several post on this issue where mode status is blank doesn't show armed, disarmed etc there blank. I had to roll back to 2.10.0_26060 app to see what mode iam in. Android 9. JamesC said there working on it, yeah right, and said he would get back to us with any updates, well James whats going on?. Getting tired of my phones and tablet wanting to update to this new app and having to by-pass the update.  What amazes me is all these employees disappear from here when these issues arise, JessciaP, Shayne where are you? I even PMed both of you and no response.

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Same problem here, I go to modes and its blank where it should show what state the system is in (armed, disarmed etc) been like this since 11-22-19 JamesC said he would keep us updated on this and he has not all there techs and programmers do is fix one thing and create other problems nothing is ever fixed right. FIX THE DAMN THING ARLO THIS IS BS.

I started a thread on this last week and what did the mods do? They merged it with another thread I guess its there way of hiding the problems. Hey Shayne, jessicaP where are you at do you take these issues back to the team? Or just come on here and tell us to contact support? My wife can tell me that.

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Modes still blank with new app cant tell what status the Base is in , armed disarmed etc
silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Just want to pass this on for other people for the problem in modes showing what the base status is in being blank ( armed, disarmed etc) I have one regular Arlo pro on my base with 3 Arlo pro 2 cameras, the mode base status would be blank where armed disarmed etc should be so I took the Arlo pro camera out and moved it to deactivate and the problem went away and as soon as I moved it back to activate the problem came back. So maybe Shayne, JessicaP or JamesC can take this back and have them fix it a.s it never did that before till the new app updates came out. App 2.10.0_26060  11-8-19 work good till the 3 new 2.11.0, 2.11.1 and 2.11.2 that's when the problem above started.  Hopes this helps other people. 

dhung
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same here, the iOS App broke on the Nov update

and now Android is the same, evern after 2nd update after 2th Dec.

this is what I see on both platform on the same base stations in my setup

Android - Note10+, nothing showing on the mode selection on ArloPro2 Base System, Geofencing till broken.

android cap 1.JPGandroid cap 2.JPG

on iOS - iPhone6s+, show's the correct mode, but have to open the App to update Geofencing to trigger the correct mode change.

ios cap 1.JPGios cap 2.JPG

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Why do my new threads get merged with other threads as a reply. I posted a thread to let other people know how I fixed my problem on the arlo 2 section and it wound up here, reply 19 doesn't help other people.
glassr
Aspirant
Aspirant

My siren was triggered the other morning. My Android app (latest) said disarmed, but it turned out my PC showed schedule mode. Whenever I change the app to schedule, it changes on its own to disarm mode. Legacy app just says getting status, so that is no help either. I had been using arlo for 9 months before this happened. Arlo customer support is no help.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @glassr

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I do not want to suggest anything you may have previously performed.

glassr
Aspirant
Aspirant
You name it! With arlo support, reinstalled app, removed and reset devices and rebuilt siren and cameras settings. Main issue is that mobile app won't show schedule mode enabled when PC does and app defaults to disarmed when PC is in scheduled mode.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to create and set the schedule over the web portal?

Discussion stats
  • 42 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation