Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Anyone else having this issue lately where you go live and have a split screen with the left half on the right and the right half on the left.  Took me 3 trys today to get a normal picture.

23 REPLIES 23
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi LandJS,

Do you have a screenshot of this? Is this happening on the Arlo iOS or Android app or on the web client on your computer?

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

No I didn't take a screen shot but can if it happens again. Basically the screen was just like a split screen on a computer or TV but with the left half on the right and the right half on the left.  On one cam after the third try just 10% of the left was on the right.  The first two I did were on my android and the third was on my computer as a check to see if both acted up. I didn't try the other five.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Could you send a screenshot that is showing this on your computer and on your Android device?

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

When I have a chance to sit down and go live again I will try for a screenshot. I will turn off 2K and try a snapshot.  At the moment I'm a house painter until beer time lol

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

from android cam is front 2  then from computer

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Dang only the computer showed up so I'll try the android again

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Is it the Arlo Ultra camera that's showing the split screen issue?

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

yes I have seven ultras.  Three of them had this issue two days ago and one (in the screenshot) had it yesterday. Haven't tried it yet today.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Can you check your library and see if you have any recordings that show the split screen as well?

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Have never seen one in the library, it is only when I go live but then live isn't recording unless I uncheck 2K so I can record.  That would be one of my biggest gripes. Live is not very useful if I check a cam but can't take a snapshot or record until I go to settings and turn off 2K or 4K.  What I wanted a snapshot of is probably over by then.  I just went back over two weeks of the library and nothing like it there.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

So two cameras today one a new one making 4 of them now.  This time my back door was added.

v_v
Guide
Guide
I’ve had this issue on multiple Ultras for the better part of the past year. Twice already this week. Turning the camera off then on or flipping the image orientation “fixes” it—until it happens again.

Arlo’s support will have you do the usual, but there’s only so many times you can restart or reset or resync before learning to live with it.

For me, when the split screen happens, the videos are recorded that way. My library has plenty of them.
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

I would think that it is a hardware issue since in my case it has only happened in live with no recording taking place just a activated camera. I would think I'm just viewing what the camera sees except the picture never changes for instance branches moving so then you start to think did the pic just freeze that way upon activation, so hard to say.  I did find something interesting though messing with this. We have been told that you can't take a snapshot or record with 2K or 4K on in live and indeed those buttons are normally missing.  I say normally because twice now checking this live issue out after a period of having my cams deactivated, when activated I can go live in 2K and if I touch the pic the buttons show up long enough to click on and they work then disappear. Touch the screen and they reappear.  Not for long though because it will then go offline and you have to exit the app and come back to what has been normal.  It does show however since it works that it is possible if Arlo chose to.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Is this happening when doing a 2K livestreaming? Has this happened when 2K is unchecked? If you haven't tried that, can you try that out?

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Yes my cams are 2K and would be normally when live streaming.  Painting again today but will check later today with it turned off.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Tried it when I came in for lunch and even with 2K turned off one of the cams still did the split screen.  Will try again this evening.

v_v
Guide
Guide
My Ultra split screened again. The third time this week.

@LandJS

On your affected cameras, are they signed up for CVR? Or connected to HomeKit?
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

No not using CVR or homekit.  The ones acting this way are my 4 original. Have 7 now so hoping they don't have a short lifespan for something this spendy because for all 4 to start to do that at the same time wouldn't speak highly for quality.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

v_v and LandJS,

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

v_v
Guide
Guide
@JessicaP,

I already have. Multiple tickets. There’s only so many times that I can restart or reset or resync without resolution before giving up on Arlo’s “support”.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I've sent you a private message to gather more information from you regarding your cases with the support team.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

yeah I'll try to help here but after close to 2 years I know the routine better than they do.  Todays cam started at 50/50 split a I just let it run for a bit and it refocused to a 70/30 split and then after a bit refocused a 90/10 which I took a snapshot of.   

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

No Arlo I didn't get the answer I needed since no real answer was given

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation