Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Android app (2.20_28160) crashing on Samsung S10. Tried reinstalling app.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Vij
Aspirant
Aspirant

My arlo app keeps crashing on my samsung s10. I have deleted and re installed the app from play store but as soon as you click on the app it crashes.
My app version 2.20_28160.

Can someone please advice what could be the issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We recently released a new version of the Arlo Android app, which is 2.20_1. Update to the latest version if you haven't done so already and let us know if you're still seeing the issue. You can read more about it here: Arlo Android App - 2.20.1 - 28th September 2020

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Vij,

What Android version are you running on your Samsung S10? Is this happening when you're on WiFi and/or cellular data? And if you have VPN on, try to turn it off to see if that helps as well.

Vij
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Jessica,
Thanks for your reply. I'm using version 10 of android. It crashes on both wifi and cellular. I do not have vpn setup.
I have noticed when i go to play store and open app from there it works fine. Directly it crashes.
moeman
Aspirant
Aspirant

The exact thing is happening to me.  Samsung S10, crashes when I open the app directly but opens from play store.

Seattlegrunge
Guide
Guide

Happens to me too on Samsung Galaxy S9 Note with Android 10 and latest updates. It has been going on for a couple of weeks now. 

moeman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried mine again this morning to send the logs to Arlo and it opens fine now.     I also woke up to an update for android.  The app opened before the update and after the update.  Any one else having the same luck?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We recently released a new version of the Arlo Android app, which is 2.20_1. Update to the latest version if you haven't done so already and let us know if you're still seeing the issue. You can read more about it here: Arlo Android App - 2.20.1 - 28th September 2020

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation