Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Whuff
Star
Star

After the update of the Arlo app on August 22, 2022 , when I try to access my Smarthub,I keep getting this message: There was an error obtaining your library. Arlo team is working on this issue. It has been almost a month and it is still not working!!

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

The development team is actively investigating these reports on this issue. We are working on a resolution. As soon as I have more information to share I will provide an update.

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

This issue has been escalated and the development team is currently investigating these reports. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

The VMB5000 and VMB4540 received an update yesterday. The VMB4000 and VMB4500 will have an update released today. Your Base station/SmartHub will update automatically, so please continue to wait for the updates. 

Thank you

251 REPLIES 251
Big_Al_NZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here since August last year.

Cannot access local storage via app, iphone app, laptop via Windows edge or Chrome.

VM5000 is up to date in terms of firmware.

Today I factory reset the whole system including formatting the SD card.

Base is recording to SD card but cannot see via any app.

Am on the same network, even tried via ethernet in case it was a wireless issue.

I thought this issue was sorted?

Just another way to drive you to subscription, maybe time to look at another product.

Cheers

Al

jpshull
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've run into a few issues with my Arlo cameras and keep coming back to these forums. Most topics don't have solutions, but are marked "solved: closed due to inactivity".

Local Storage: base station not recognizing flash drive. I ultimately discovered that I needed to convert the drive partition from GPT to MBR (on top of being FAT32). This answer wasn't in a forum.

Alerts but no recording: still no answers. I get notifications that my device detected motion, but cameras stop recording around 3 PM. I check the schedule and confirmed that I should be recording all the time based on any motion directly to local USB.

Why is Arlo keeping these posts up if they are just going to mark them solved without actual solutions?