Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

512? SD Storage

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
R_Holly
Follower
Follower
Just picked up the 3 camera Ultra + add on system and seeing a lot of talk on storage space. Some people report that 256 is working fine. Anyone running a 512 card? Looking at

Samsung 512GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSDXC Evo Select Memory Card with Adapter (MB-ME512GA/AM) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MKSGZM6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_O2FqDb223E09M
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

R_Holly,

That SD card should work. For more information on SD cards and recommend specs, take a look here: How do I record 4K videos to a microSD card?

JamesC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

R_Holly,

That SD card should work. For more information on SD cards and recommend specs, take a look here: How do I record 4K videos to a microSD card?

JamesC

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Very happy to report that we are now successfully using a 512GB card.  Yeah!  It took a good 10mins for the Arlo app to format the card.  It continued to say "formatting ..." for many a minute.  I was thinking sometime was wrong.  But it was all good.  I just had to wait until the formatting was finished.  I think it took longer to format than expected simply because it is a large GB card.  After formatting was done, it had 476GB of available storage.  That soundsright to me as I know that formatted file systems have some storage overhead.  I then tested the card.  Got a bunch of videos stored on the card in beautiful 4K.  Very nice. We are really looking forward when the Arlo development team adds the feature later this year where we will be able to view the 4K videos on the SD card via the mobile/web appls.   Love the 4k videos.   The card is a SanDisk SDXC card.  Love having so much storage on the SD card, since we will never have to worry about losing a video clip. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation