Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

old base as a siren ?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
elegil
Follower
Follower

hello

i understood the arlo ultra links only to the new VMB5000 smarthub and that i can link my arlo pro 2 to this new base.

but can i use my old VMB4000 base from my arlo pro 2 kit as a siren, can it be detected by the smarthub and used it in the arlo app ?

I read in many review that the new siren inside the Ultra cameras is very weak  so i dont feel about doing the move to the smarthub if i cant use my old base as a siren.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@elegil wrote:

hello

i understood the arlo ultra links only to the new VMB5000 smarthub and that i can link my arlo pro 2 to this new base.

but can i use my old VMB4000 base from my arlo pro 2 kit as a siren, can it be detected by the smarthub and used it in the arlo app ?

I read in many review that the new siren inside the Ultra cameras is very weak  so i dont feel about doing the move to the smarthub if i cant use my old base as a siren.

thanks

Yes you can use the older base for the siren....

Just go to the Smarthub ( ultra base ) and edit the MODE for it... add a rule , and when you do select the other base siren.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@elegil wrote:

hello

thanks

Yes you can use the older base for the siren....

Just go to the Smarthub ( ultra base ) and edit the MODE for it... add a rule , and when you do select the other base siren.

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation