Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Jjflat
Aspirant
Aspirant
I don't think that my Ultra Cameras are giving me a 180° field of view. They are set to 180° in settings. It seems like the angle should be much wider. Mine seem more like 110°. How can I get a better angle closer to 180?
6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Setting for the Ultra view angle are in Settings/video settings/video mode.... pick one of three ( super wide is 180d )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Jjflat
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your reply. As I stated in my original post, "They are set to 180° in settings. ". I am aware of the 3 different FOV settings these cameras can be set to. Mine are set to 180°
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not sure but usually these specs are for corner to corner rather than side to side. You can test this by using live view and moving between an upper corner to the opposite lower corner to see how the coverage works.

Is there a difference in view when you select each FOV option?

It's also possible that removing the camera and resyncing it may clear out some weirdness.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Jjflat wrote:
Mine seem more like 110°.

In other words, this is a subjective assessment.

Try setting the view to the other options available and see what happens.

That will give you a more realistic indicator of what is really happening.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Jjflat
Aspirant
Aspirant
There is a slight difference and more top to bottom than side to side. These cameras are not giving me 180°. Subjectively, if one stands under it with arms out at 180 one would assume that the camera view would give you what your arms encompass, approximately. Of course, one could precisely measure with instruments, yet one can use common sense as well. Not sure Arlo is for me, can't get e911 address set, system keeps disarming itself, not 180 as advertised. 4K only works with subscription.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jjflat wrote:
Subjectively, if one stands under it with arms out at 180 one would assume that the camera view would give you what your arms encompass, approximately.

I think a better test would be to place a yardstick next to the camera (parallel to the camera) and see what number on the yardstick is at the edge of the field of view.  Then compare that with the length of the camera (including the mount).

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation