Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Has anyone had issues since the update?

1 of my cameras is overheating while charging now (It had no such issues when the weather has been much hotter and now that it's in the 70's it does?)

1 of my cameras crashes when you try to stream live video from it. It is also draining about 10% a day while on a solar panel in full sun that has had no previous issues prior.

Would love to hear who else has similar issues since the update at the end of August.

5 REPLIES 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Since my subject was changed.......

These issues appeared with

1.070.41.5_156_3372fbf update

Also, the one that is crashing is about 5 feet from the base station with only a single pane of glass between the two.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

historypsi,

What are you seeing that indicates the camera is overheating?

What error message are you seeing when you experience the crash? It sounds like the camera may be having a connectivity issue due to range or interference, poor signal strength can result in inability to live stream and increased battery usage. What does the signal strength icon show for that camera?

JamesC

Retired_Member
Not applicable

For the overheating its giving me the Oh no, battery is too hot we've stopped charging message. This has been consistant since the update. The crazy thing is, the days have been cooler than most when it does this.

The other camera that you suspect is a range issue is literally 5 feet away from the base station with only a single pane of glass in its way. All my other Ultras are 20-25 feet away with drywall and brick in their way and they function just fine. By crashing, it knocks the camera offline and it power cycles. Certainly not a signal issue. It's been in the same spot for almost 8 months now and it didn't start having issues until the latest firmware push. And this same camera is draining battery at about 10% per day while on a solar charger that was previously working.

Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice
Strange indeed.

I’ll have to keep my eyes peeled for the camera overheating - I’ve seen this error message a few times in the dead of summer on my front door camera which is wide out in the sun with no shade in the afternoons..... I’ve only seen it for maybe 10 minutes at the hottest point of a 100F muggy midwestern day....

I’ll keep my eyes peeled and report back if it seems to be happening more frequently - also cooler weather than the last month or 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

historypsi,

This doesn't sound like typical behavior. I would recommend contacting the Arlo Support Team to investigate the issue further.

You can find information on contacting support here: Arlo Support Team

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation