Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
EW0001
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why do Arlo ultra2 cameras not reconnect after a disarm/arm sequence, while essential cameras, pro cameras are reconnecting to base station?

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Mine remain connected the whole time. Arm/disarm doesn't disconnect the cameras - it's just a software thing that tells the camera to detect/record or not. Have you checked your modes, rules and schedule to ensure they're appropriate?

EW0001
Aspirant
Aspirant

I pulled the cameras 

reset to factory

reconnected

confirmed the battery is 100%
After 

pulled the battery

re-inserted battery

no longer connected

i had to reset

reconnect

…. reinstalled

it appears I will have to go through this reset and reconnect each time for the Ultra2’s.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you also rebooted/power cycled the hub?

EW0001
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes - i shut everything, internet and base down a several times, including an extended time (5-10 minutes).

i have not reset the base to factory and reconnected all the cameras.

EW0001
Aspirant
Aspirant

Additionally - after I pull the camera battery and re-install the battery, there is no blue flashing light on the camera.  I only get the blue flashing light after resetting to factory.  This leads mevto believe it’s a software  issue with the Ultra2.  The doorbell, chime, essential and Pro4 elements connect and reconnect as they should and had in the past.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like it's time to punt. Use Settings, Support (Center) to select your camera model. Scroll down to Contacts to talk to official support. This requires a subscription.

antuk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah im seeing the same thing, it never used to do this so I suspect one of the firmware updates recently has a bug in it

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation