Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Dionisus444
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have multiple Arlo Ultra 2 camera's at home. These are having problems while using the 2 way audio. 

I can hear the recorded sound from the camera in my Android app. But when I tap on the mic icon it is like the sound from the camera is muted. I can talk and my audio can be heard from the camera. But it isnt possible two have two way audio because I cant here the sound from the camera anymore.

It used two work in the past. It is especially a problem in case of the doorbell. It is pointless to start a conversation with the app because I cant hear the person at the door as soon as I reply by using the mic. The person can hear me, but I cant hear the person.

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check the doorbell setting for audio to ensure the doorbell mic is enabled. Check the doorbell's face to ensure the mic opening isn't plugged. You may need to remove the doorbell from your account and add it back in to see if that helps.

Dionisus444
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for this answer. Unfortunately this did not solve the problem. The problem is not only with the doorbell but also with 5 Ultra 2 cameras and the Arlo Baby camera.

The microphone is turned on. At first I hear the sound fine through the app. But when I want to say something back, the sound cuts out. The person hears me, but I don't hear the answer.

It resembles an old walkie talkie function, where only the signal of the person talking can be heard. It is not possible to have a conversation like with a telephone.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dionisus444 wrote:

It resembles an old walkie talkie function, where only the signal of the person talking can be heard. It is not possible to have a conversation like with a telephone.

Do you have a headset you can test with?  Maybe also try it on a PC, and see if that works differently than the phone.

Dionisus444
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did a test on the pc and it worked. What could be the reason for not working on the android app? It is the latest version.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dionisus444 wrote:

I did a test on the pc and it worked. What could be the reason for not working on the android app? It is the latest version.

I use an iPhone myself, so have no recent experience with the Android app.  However, there have been some reports of two-way audio not working on some Android phones (most often Samsung). 

Generally those users said that when using a headset it worked properly, which suggests to me that it might be that the app isn't properly engaging the speakerphone mode on those phones.  But that's just a guess on my part.  You might want to contact paid support - I doubt you'd get an immediate fix, but it would give them more information on the prevalance of the problem.

I'm also tagging the mods ( @JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN ) in case they have other suggestions.

Dionisus444
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Stephen, I can confirm that I have a Samsung phone. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Let me look into this. I will get back to you soon.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you provide what type of phone you are using and the software for the Arlo app as well as the device software?

Dionisus444
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S22 plus. 

Android version 13

Arlo app version: 4.11.2_28633

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for providing that information. I will provide an update soon. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still seeing this same behavior?

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation