Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Spotlight coming for movement outside activity zone

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ScotterMonkey
Follower
Follower

Background:

- My cameras are always using battery. Now easy to do otherwise.

- I have the cloud subscription.

My issue:

For the inside cam, I set a pretty strict activity zone so the spotlight won't (but it does) come on while I'm moving about the house. I need the spotlight feature on for when I'm not home and at night.

Do I have to manually turn it on/off every day? Why is it not obeying my activity zones?

Lately, I use the mobile app to disable that camera during day while I'm home. 

When other competing cam systems provide an ability to set activity zones IN THE CAM, NOT NEEDING CLOUD PROCESSING TO DO IT, why can't Arlo? Is this a way to push us to subscribe? If so, I'll jump to another system in a heartbeat.

OR am I missing something? Some setting I can use?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dannybear
Master
Master

Is the problem camera supported with a subscription, if not you need external power applied for activity zones.

If you don’t need the camera to monitor when your at home you can either setup a schedule to decide when to monitor and or use geofencing to monitor when your mobile device is away.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dannybear
Master
Master

Is the problem camera supported with a subscription, if not you need external power applied for activity zones.

If you don’t need the camera to monitor when your at home you can either setup a schedule to decide when to monitor and or use geofencing to monitor when your mobile device is away.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Activity zones don't preclude recordings. They must be recorded for further processing to determine whether to delete or store the recording in the cloud. @Dannybear has the right solution with geofencing, schedule and custom modes.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation