Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Problem of the Arlo Ultra 2 got Moisture on lens (inside but not outside) is it defect?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
keislee
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just installed my Ultra 2 cams few weeks ago and recently could find there is moisture/water condensation on lens (inside), I can clear it easily if it is outside. But I found it is the len side in the cam? Is it normal? I assume it is waterproof and should have moisture getting in. The moisture blocked large area of the video and pictures. Please share your view if u have experience to this?

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-06 at 11.11.36.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact support. Within the app on your mobile device click on the silhouette on the top left ~ support center ~ the device that you are needing assistance with then choose the issue. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

It shouldn't be inside the lens.

You might want to take the camera out of the housing and check the O-ring.

keislee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your sharing. But how do I check it or I should send backk to Arlo for checking?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@keislee wrote:

Thanks for your sharing. But how do I check it or I should send backk to Arlo for checking?

Just take a look at it.  See if it is stretched or damaged in some way.

Applying a bit of silicone grease to it can improve the water resistance some, and also makes it easier to remove the camera from the housing.

keislee
Aspirant
Aspirant

May I know where is the O ring?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@keislee wrote:

May I know where is the O ring?

Take the camera out of the shell.

It is the thin rubbery gasket that goes around the camera body right behind the camera face.  

keislee
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have contacted Arlo CS for a week but still no one reach me till now. Disappointed

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact support. Within the app on your mobile device click on the silhouette on the top left ~ support center ~ the device that you are needing assistance with then choose the issue. 

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation