Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

JeffRand
Star
Star

I have a VMB5000r5 Ultra SmartHub running firmware 1.20 4.0_1367_36740e8. I also have two Arlo Ultra 2 (H10 4k) cameras and one Arlo Video Doorbell (1.2 wired). These have been working great for two years.

As of this morning, the VMB5000 base station is no longer recording any videos locally to the SD card. I reformatted the SD card through the app. It reports that storage is available and doesn't show any issues, yet when motion is detected on any of the cameras no recordings take place. I also cold booted the base and also restarted it several times. I can't figure out what has changed. The system status on Arlo's website says everything is good. I tried contacting support, but the chat bot says I can't connect to a live agent unless I have a subscription, which I do not (and have not for over a year). I just need the base to record videos locally and have no need for cloud storage.

Is anyone else having this issue? Any ideas as to what is wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

I would like to reiterate that the issues being experienced in this discussion are not expected behavior. The development team is currently testing new firmware to address these concerns, we do not recommend any troubleshooting at this time. Once the firmware fix is available I will provide more information.

We appreciate your patience while we work to resolve this issue.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is currently testing a fix for this issue that we hope to be able to release soon. I will continue providing information as it becomes available.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The issue being described here is not expected behavior. The development team is actively investigating reports of this issue and working on a resolution. As soon as I have more information to share I will provide an update.

JamesC

606 REPLIES 606
Ben67
Aspirant
Aspirant

My cameras started to not record to my usb. And now the motion detection doesn’t seem to be working or I’m not getting notifications 

Daco7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why is there always an issue with recording to the Smarthub following an app upgrade? It’s not recording anything and the calendar seems GRAYED out. Does anyone have a solution?  

-jas
Initiate
Initiate

@james As per recommendation I rebooted and check and confirmed the new firmware base station is still not recording locally. I bought Arlo for local recording not for subscription. I believe this is due to new update. But now what’s the solution. I see a lot of people still waiting.

DEH1969
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since I recently performed a factory update of my Pro 3 System, I have been unable to record locally. I have done a complete reset of the system. I am connected to the internet. Everything worked well before the upgrade. Anyone know of a fix?

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The missing recordings are reported by many customers.

The missing notifications could also be related to a new app upgrade.

Best provide what model cameras, base and app version details.

Hakob
Guide
Guide

Hi, why my camera is not recording anymore on the local storage ? 

ArloUsrnameHere
Initiate
Initiate

After latest app update, my camera no longer saves locally to sd card.  
Why is that?  

Did arlo push an update to my camera to remove a feature?