Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Some confusion about my Ultra 2 (4K) camera not recording ANYTHING in 4K, only 2K

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
AbeG
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am aware that when my free trial ended of Arlo Secure (or whatever it is now called) I would NOT be able to live stream or CLOUD record in 4K.  When it expired  I took out the basic $3/cam Arlo secure package. 

I had THOUGHT I understood that while I could not LIVE STREAM in 4K or cloud record in 4K that my local recordings to microSD card on my base station (VMB5000) would be in 4K but they are not.  They are all now labeled 2K. It stopped 4K local recording when my trial expired and now is only 2K since I took out the basic Arlo secure.  Did something change with the paid $3/cam program,  or is this how it always was??   

If this is so, why the heck did I pay the premium for a 4K camera ????  No answer to THAT last question is needed because if that is the case (no 4K at all)  the answer is I'm a fool and I got fooled with all the confusing plans.  My bad I guess.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AbeG wrote:

I am aware that when my free trial ended of Arlo Secure (or whatever it is now called) I would NOT be able to live stream or CLOUD record in 4K.  When it expired  I took out the basic $3/cam Arlo secure package. 

FWIW, you can livestream w/o a subscription (enabling 4K livestreaming doesn't require a subscription either).

To get cloud recordings in 4K, you need Secure Plus.  Unfortunately Arlo doesn't offer a single camera Secure Plus subscription.

Direct Access to Local Storage would be another option (dropping the subscription).  The experience isn't that great, but many people here do use it to avoid subscription costs.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation