Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Local storage thumbnails

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
arlouserhome
Tutor
Tutor
Issue is no thumbnails on local storage videos without clicking the download button first.

I know this has been posted at least once already, but I’m hoping to raise this issue back up as the need for thumbnails for local storage is a necessity.
Please give us some use ability without the need for a subscription!
3 REPLIES 3
dcfox1
Master
Master

I doubt they will add them anytime soon. That's one reason I just use Local as backup.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Just opinion - but that's not going to happen for one reason.  The cloud is where they want to keep a steady cash flow and making your hub handy will keep people from buying a subscription.  Netgear was happy to sell you the hardware and give you a free 7 day cloud but the new owners are a whole different ballgame.  I would use the cloud even with the cost of a subscription but wish they had a way to give thumbnails to the SD for those that do pay.  Sometimes I want to look back 3 months and it's a nightmare the way it is.

ka-ramba
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought a Pro 4 XL yesterday and just installed it. I had no interest in any kind of subscription so right away set it up for local storage. To my dismay I see no thumbnails in the hub library. How I am going to find a clip that I am interested in ? I saw some posts in other threads that it is very difficult to do, which is complete b/s.  I've never seen an photo/video browser that would not offer thumbnail before.  The only reason I think is that Arlo is trying to make it less convenient than using cloud storage. But this step is too much, I think I will be returning the system back to the seller. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation