Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How do I turn of notifications for shared cameras?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Andrew368
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seems there is no way to turn off notifications from shared cameras without totally removing those shared cameras from your account. I have searched the forums and this same question has been posted years ago without a solution and that thread now closed.

I was hoping with all the software updates that this feature could be added.

Wanting to receive the notifications for my cameras but not the notifications for my shared cameras (at my father's house).

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Andrew368 wrote:

Wanting to receive the notifications for my cameras but not the notifications for my shared cameras (at my father's house).

The only way to do that with push notifications is to turn off the notifications for those cameras altogether (so your father would also not receive them).

If your father can use email notifications instead, you could set that up in the mode(s) for his cameras (in his account), and send the notifications to his email account (and not yours).  Note that the smart notification filtering only works for push notifications, so he would end up receiving all notifications (no matter what the smart settings are).

It would be good if Arlo added a way to do this with push notifications (and also apply smart notification filtering to email as well as push).

Andrew368
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply. It seems this is still an ongoing problem. Hopefully Arlo will sort it out

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation