Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Recording Issues

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JC2727
Follower
Follower

Why does my Arlo Ultra 2 spotlight camera's stop recording when there is still activity going on? Sometimes it will stop recording after 10 seconds and other times it will stop recording after 30 seconds. How do I get it to record longer without stopping when someone is literally in my activity zone?  

2 REPLIES 2
Dannybear
Master
Master

You need to ask the subject you are recording to continue waving their hands about.

The recording until motion stopped feature is not adjustable and default set for less than a few seconds by my observation. They need an option to adjust for a greater time length.

The workaround is to set the recording length to a fixed value to ensure you capture the desired length of the event.

Max recording length is 300sec, disadvantage is that the longer the recordings the quicker the battery will go flat.

Arlo needs to understand how little things, like addressing something as simple as this can improve the quality of their product and service rather then  publishing new useless  products.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Motion has to be detectable by the camera, not the eyes. My earlier tests showed that lack of sufficient movement caused recordings to stop ~ 5 seconds later.  A frequent suggestion is to use a timed recording instead if you're not getting what you need. Also, remember that detection of people is only to ~25 feet at best due to the use of PIR (passive IR) detectors also used in many other devices such as motion-activated outdoor lights.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation