Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

scottpev
Follower
Follower

The feed tab is showing a number as though I still have videos in my feed even though I have deleted them

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is currently testing a fix for this issue. Once We have a date available for when that fix can be deliver I will provide another update here on the community.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating reports of this issue. I will provide an update once we have more information available to share.

JamesC

186 REPLIES 186
willmtaylor
Tutor
Tutor

Same. Motion detections clear, but mode changes—arming & disarming—don’t clear. 

Bill57
Initiate
Initiate

Even after deleting feeds ( zero feeds) counter keeps counting

Now 21 and counting 

Aldo58
Guide
Guide

Today's APP version 4.16 (IOS) has not yet solved the problem...

devaja
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Aldo58  Same here. Same problem still. Although as I noted...I saw it in the desktop browser portal too so not app specific.

Wolf2023
Aspirant
Aspirant

Version 4.16 (7612) from June 09 does not solve this issue. 
Feed Counter is still out of control. 

Sledder
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here. 4.16 did nothing. 

willmtaylor
Tutor
Tutor

Maybe new version didn’t do anything, but I let my subscription run out today and that fixes it. Maybe we should just all cancel our subscriptions? : /

cyberjunkyfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice

Installed the latest Arlo iOS app version 4.16 that was just released and it has not resolved the bug. Something on Arlo’s end needs to be rebooted, hopefully the fix comes soon as this is really annoying for a paid service.

Zyxxyz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here, running 4.16 (7612) released July 4, 2024 on iOS 17.5.1/ IPhone 14 pro - the feed badge counter will not clear after deleting the recordings. It clears only if I tap again in feed but when I open again the app , it’s showing again the same number…

Killhippie
Prodigy
Prodigy

Since the last update 4.15 even though the feed is empty and when you click on it the number of events vanishes, as soon as you shut the app in the background or close it down completely and open it again the feed shows the number of feed events again, although the feed tab is empty! The red badge is now up to 36 events yet the feed is blank, it seems to be the scheduled events automation that is causing it, because each time the camera uses the scheduled automation the number then increases and you cant remove it.

I have done everything I can think of, reinstalled the app resetting the camera, but it just happens again and again, I noticed on Reddit others are having this issue too. Any idea when an update will sort this out as seeing this phantom number just grow is really annoying and even though your events are totally empty, no matter how many times you tap on the empty events list this ever growing amount of events vanish and then reappear or sometimes just moving though the settings causes it to appear again.

*Edit*  Even with the new update 4.16 the  phantom events continue when you press on events they go away as they should, then they appear again when you next open the app or sometimes they just appear as you move though the app as I mentioned. This started about a week ago maybe. There is a board on Reddit where people are having the same issue. Any idea when this will get fixed?

Sbpuffe
Aspirant
Aspirant

I see past conversations now closed and resolved on this subject. The problem has resurfaced. In the past week my badges have stopped resetting or clearing. The will partially clear sometimes but never completely. I’ve tried logging out of the app and back in. 
Please advise. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Killhippie wrote:

Since the last update 4.15 even though the feed is empty and when you click on it the number of events vanishes, as soon as you shut the app in the background or close it down completely and open it again the feed shows the number of feed events again, although the feed tab is empty!

It's a known issue (reported by lots of folks here already).

There is no workaround, and Arlo hasn't said when they will fix it.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sbpuffe wrote:

Please advise. 

Wait for Arlo to fix the bug.  There is no work-around.

Bertisthebest20
Guide
Guide

This all has to do with the new feature they added, allowing us to set automation for “standby”, “armed home” and “armed away”. I would think by now they could have re-written this new feature correctly. This should be very embarrassing for the “Arlo Team”.

cyberjunkyfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice

Interesting, every time I change mode (whether it be manually or from automation), that is when the badge number increases in the "Feed" and cannot be removed. If I switch from viewing my "Home" in feed to viewing my parents home, and then go back to my home, the badges do clear on the "Feed", however the badges will return as soon as I click on "Dashboard" or any other setting at the bottom of the iOS app. All other (camera) badge notifications will clear, it's just the count of the mode changes that are not clearing. Arlo Team, this should be an easy fix for you now that we know where the problem lies?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bertisthebest20 wrote:

This all has to do with the new feature they added, allowing us to set automation for “standby”, “armed home” and “armed away”. 

Not really. They started rolling out the "Feed" interface in January 2023 when they launched the home security system.  This bug is much newer.

Bertisthebest20
Guide
Guide

Stephen B, I’m on iPhone 14 Pro and mine did not update to 4.15 till three weeks ago when I added an Essentials camera to my system. That is when all the trouble started. This may have rolled out for Android back in 2023, but not for my iPhone or iPad Air 11.

FLBluePearl
Aspirant
Aspirant

I guess I will join you on the same issue: My Arlo did not clear the Feeds after I deleted them, and I only came to find out they are not clearing out; they are just reappearing! This is nuts. Hopefully, Arlo can get this squared away soon!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bertisthebest20 wrote:

Stephen B, I’m on iPhone 14 Pro and mine did not update to 4.15 till three weeks ago when I added an Essentials camera to my system. That is when all the trouble started. This may have rolled out for Android back in 2023, but not for my iPhone or iPad Air 11.

Not your iPhone and iPad but many others (including my own iPhone and iPad).

To clarify -

• The app has supported both "Feed" and "Library" for about 18 months now.  Which interface you get depends on how Arlo has your account set up in their cloud, not what version of the app you are running.  So some users running 4.1.15 will see "Feed", while other users running 4.1.15 will see "Library". 
  • Everyone who installs a Home Security System, a Pro 5s camera or (more recently) an Essential Gen 2 camera or Gen 2 doorbell is automatically migrated to the new UI when they install those devices.  This happens for both iOS and Android users, and it began in early 2023.  Arlo has also recently started to automatically migrate some users to "Feed".

The badge counter issue is clearly a bug. But it is a new bug, and Feed has been out there for a long time now.

So an app issue - sure.  Related to the "Feed" rollout - no.

Meechmom
Star
Star

I am having same issue for about 2 weeks now. 

sg2019
Aspirant
Aspirant

the app indicates I have many events/recordings. using iphone app and there is a small red circle with the number of recordings - 67.  i want that red dot gone.  arlo pro 2 allowed 7 days of free storage.  these videos are months old. how do i get them deleted? i cannot go back to june or any older month.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sg2019 wrote:

the app indicates I have many events/recordings. using iphone app and there is a small red circle with the number of recordings - 67.  i want that red dot gone.  arlo pro 2 allowed 7 days of free storage.  these videos are months old. how do i get them deleted? i cannot go back to june or any older month.

If you don't see them in the Feed/Library, then the videos are deleted - the problem is just that the badge counter is wrong.  This is a bug in the app - there is nothing you can do other than wait for Arlo to fix the bug.

sg2019
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you

Prussian636
Aspirant
Aspirant

Downloaded new Arlo Secure app for IOs. I have 16 FEED notifications that I cannot delete and are annoying. There are no Events and no events for the past as seen on the calendar.  IOS v 17.5.1  Arlo app version 4.15 (7556)

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Prussian636 wrote:

I have 16 FEED notifications that I cannot delete and are annoying. 

FWIW, this bug has already been reported (there are a LOT of complaints here about it).